PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on this one...Duplicates!

wyzard
2008-04-07, 09:44
Good afternoon.

I recently ripped two CDs using iTunes. When I have SqueezeCenter rescan for these CDs it shows two copies of them in the software!! There are not two copies where it is scanning (or anywhere on the drive for that matter) and these are the only CDs that this is happening with. I have tried to delete, rescan using Windows Media Player with the same results. I've tried using a couple of MP3 editors (one on Windows-MP3Tag and one on my Mac-MP3 Rage). I've corrected everything I can think of and still this show two copies. SOMEONE HELP!!! This is driving me insane.

Any thoughts... suggestions?

Thanks.

Murph
2008-04-07, 10:33
I had this happening when I upgraded to Squeezecenter which includes I-Tunes compatibility. It was reading all my FLAC files from my library but it was also getting duplicates from the I-tunes listing. I keep a seperate library of MP3s for my MP3 player and my wifes Nano she won. I didn't tell SqueezeCenter about this other directory but it picked it up from the ITunes database.

I'm not sure if it would have brought forward both libraries if they had both been the same files but since the proper library had flac versions and the ITunes library had MP3 versions, it probably thought they were two separate songs each.

I had to turn off the ITunes support and rescan. Didn't need it anyways.

Probably not your issue but you could give it a try.

Aguida
2008-04-07, 13:12
You could also try to enable explorer to show hidden files. Then look in the directory you are scanning and all sub-directories for shortcuts pointing to the same directories. I have seen often Windows leaving behind some of those hidden shortcuts that can confuse the scanner.

wyzard
2008-04-07, 13:36
I had this happening when I upgraded to Squeezecenter which includes I-Tunes compatibility. It was reading all my FLAC files from my library but it was also getting duplicates from the I-tunes listing. I keep a seperate library of MP3s for my MP3 player and my wifes Nano she won. I didn't tell SqueezeCenter about this other directory but it picked it up from the ITunes database.

I'm not sure if it would have brought forward both libraries if they had both been the same files but since the proper library had flac versions and the ITunes library had MP3 versions, it probably thought they were two separate songs each.

I had to turn off the ITunes support and rescan. Didn't need it anyways.

Probably not your issue but you could give it a try.

How do I turn off the iTunes support? Also, looked for other directories etc. Didn't find anything.

OK... here's some additional information.

I did a rescan of the directory and watched as SqueezeCenter did it's thing. It does a directory scan, then for some reason it does and iTunes scan. Then it does an artwork scan. The odd thing is that the iTunes scan only seems to be picking up those two new CDs.

I've got another things I'm going to try, but please keep any suggestions coming.

Thanks.

When I click on drop downs in SqueezeCenter nothing happens. It just stays where it is.

OK...

If I remove the CDs from iTunes, they are only scanned once??

Not getting this at all...