PDA

View Full Version : Squeeze Center Web interface challenged by multiple Squeezeboxes

mattnadler
2008-04-07, 04:13
I have a network with three Squeezeboxes on it and using Squeeze Center 7.0 on a Mac with OX 10.5. I have a SB 1.0 attached to the router via a cable, and SB 2 and 3 wireless via 802.11g network connected

While I can chose music for each squeezebox via the remote, if I try to use the Web interface to add or manage music, it seems to "snap back" to SB1 that's attached to the router via a cable. For instance, I cannot view the playlist, or add music to anything except for the SB1 on the network. This means that I cannot control music using the web interface on the newer units unless everything is synchronized.

There was no problem with Slim Server 6.5 so it's definitely a bug in Squeeze Center. I have updated all firmware on the SB's and I've tried the web interface in Firefox and Safari with the same problem repeated.

-Matt

mherger
2008-04-07, 04:35
> While I can chose music for each squeezebox via the remote, if I try to
> use the Web interface to add or manage music, it seems to "snap back" to
> SB1 that's attached to the router via a cable. For instance, I cannot
> view the playlist, or add music to anything except for the SB1 on the
> network.

Are you blocking JavaScript or cookies? Or are you using some kind of security suite which does filter web accesses? This clearly does work under "normal" circumstances.

--

Michael

mattnadler
2008-04-07, 06:41
No security suite (it's a macintosh after all) and I'm not blocking java or cookies. How can I go back to 6.5?

radish
2008-04-07, 06:57
No security suite (it's a macintosh after all) and I'm not blocking java or cookies. How can I go back to 6.5?

http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/SlimServer_v6.5.4/

But I'd stick with 7 for a little longer, I'm sure it can be sorted with a little more troubleshooting.

4mula1
2008-04-07, 07:00
Are you using the Fishbone skin? If so this sounds similar to Bug 7680 http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=7680 that was recently fixed.

mattnadler
2008-04-07, 07:47
I'm using the default skin, but I was a Fishbone user. I switched as part of my troubleshooting experiments. Both had problems. I think my set up is a bit unusual with multiple generations of SB's with the oldest one wired. I did that so I could run my wireless network at G speeds. FYI, the router is pre-N Apple if that matters.

Ben Sandee
2008-04-07, 07:55
On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 9:47 AM, mattnadler <
mattnadler.37i4xb1207579801 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

>
> I'm using the default skin, but I was a Fishbone user. I switched as
> part of my troubleshooting experiments. Both had problems. I think my
> set up is a bit unusual with multiple generations of SB's with the
> oldest one wired.

Your setup isn't unusual, at least in that respect. There are many people
using more varied devices than you -- including pre-squeezebox devices like
the SliMP3.

Ben

radish
2008-04-07, 08:01
I have a mixture of wired & wireless SB2, SB3, SBR & TP :) I run the server itself on XP but I do use the web interface on a Mac and haven't noticed this issue. I guess my point is that it's likely something a little more specific about your setup than that...

mattnadler
2008-04-07, 08:51
I'll give the nightly release a try. If it helped the Fishbone skin, it may resolve my issues as well.

mattnadler
2008-04-07, 16:01
I'll give the nightly release a try. If it helped the Fishbone skin, it may resolve my issues as well.

OK. It worked for the default skin as well. Good. Thanks.

Eric Seaberg
2008-04-07, 16:15
I'm running server 7.0 on a Mac MINI with multiple SB3s and a Transporter. No issues here, either with the DEFAULT or FISHBONE skin.

Did you say which browser you're using?

I'm still on 10.4.11, BTW.

mattnadler
2008-04-07, 16:56
Safari 3 and Firefox 2. Both work now with the nightly update.