PDA

View Full Version : SqueezeBox Noob Bitrate Inquiry

giorgiovespacci
2008-04-06, 14:21
Installed SqueezeCenter 7.0 yesterday. Love it!

Also, I kowtow to those of you who have written some of the plugins! Thanks!

Three questions:
1.) Most Important: Is there a way to search for stations streaming in 128kbps or higher bitrates? I'm not interested in listening to 48kbps streams on my brand new audiophile speakers.

2.) Would like to know: Is there a way to search currently playing songs on SqueezeCenter or any of the Internet Radio default links?

3.) Would like to know: Any non-browser skins available for SqueezeBox? Currently opens in Firefox, but would rather have a standalone?

Many thanks,
Giorgio

Nonreality
2008-04-06, 14:51
Installed SqueezeCenter 7.0 yesterday. Love it!

Also, I kowtow to those of you who have written some of the plugins! Thanks!

Three questions:
1.) Most Important: Is there a way to search for stations streaming in 128kbps or higher bitrates? I'm not interested in listening to 48kbps streams on my brand new audiophile speakers.

2.) Would like to know: Is there a way to search currently playing songs on SqueezeCenter or any of the Internet Radio default links?

3.) Would like to know: Any non-browser skins available for SqueezeBox? Currently opens in Firefox, but would rather have a standalone?

Many thanks,
Giorgio

He said "audiophile" aahhhgggg... Ok sorry, I'm over that. Give Moose a try, it's a stand alone front end. http://www.rusticrhino.com/drlovegrove/