PDA

View Full Version : Navigating music

herts101
2008-04-06, 11:11
Had my Duet for a few days now (1st Squeezebox!) and absolutely loving it. Order about to go in for an additional receiver.

I have a few questions about navigating through my music which I wondered whether anyone could help with:

1. There is lots of reference in the forums to pressing and holding Add (+) to add a song to the next position in the playlist as opposed to the end of the playlist. This would be cool but I can't seem to get it to work. Is it implemented on the Duet?

2. Is there anyway to start an album in the middle and have the Squeezebox play that track followed by all the other ones on it? (i.e. I'd like to play tracks 5,6,7,8,9 and 10 of a 10 track album without programming them all into the playlist individually.

3. I find it a bit risky when programming a new playlist on the controller that if I accidentally press Play, all my hard work is erased. I know there have been loads of threads on this and many people feel differently but that is my initial impression.

I'd like to change the behaviour of the Play button so that rather than clear the current playlist and start playing the track immediately, it adds in the track as next on the playlist and then starts playing it (leaving the rest of the playlist intact).

If that is not possible, I'd at least like it to add in the track to the bottom of the current playlist and start playing it immediately (again leaving the rest of the playlist intact as I can then navigate back to it).

Is there anyway of making these changes by editing the button maps?

Thank you very much for your help.

Peter.