PDA

View Full Version : Controller won't wake up ?

coupesport
2008-04-06, 07:35
I've had my Duet for about 3 weeks now and its working great. Squeezecentre is running on a spare Mac Powerbook with all my music on an 1.5Tb Readynas NV+. I've wired the Receiver directly to my router.

I seem to have a persistent problem with the controller. I have the clock screensaver running and normally when i pick it up it wakes and i can use it as intended. Other times i pick it up and the backlighting flickers briefly and then the unit won't respond or the controller has the backlight on (all keys lit up, no display) and again won't respond when picked up or keys are pressed. Holding down the home button for about 10 secs seems to reboot it.

Any ideas ? - The system is fantastic but this issue is getting to be a pain.

Thanks

James

Protochicken
2008-04-06, 07:39
I have the exact issue. I have to take the battery out and and put it back in to get the controller working again.

coupesport
2008-04-06, 07:40
Thats what i had been doing but I find holding down the home button until it resets does the trick most of the time. I did a firmware upgrade this morning but no change...

James

coupesport
2008-04-13, 13:30
Is this just me or does anyone else get this ?

Thanks

James

casonbang
2008-04-13, 15:37
I've been having the same issue. I will set the remote down and when I pick it up several hours later the buttons are lit, but the screen never comes on. Holding the home button down usually will turn the remote off for me, then I can turn it back on.

It doesn't seem to happen more than once a day and it seems to be at night that it locks up like this. I'm running the 7.01 beta on XP.

coupesport
2008-04-14, 04:46
Does it reboot or just turn back on ?

Thanks

James

casonbang
2008-04-15, 08:40
Sorry, by "turns back on" I meant reboots.

Oddly though, it hasn't done it the last 2 days.

casonbang
2008-04-15, 20:38
It locked up again today. I think I've been running torrents and peerguardian on the server computer when this happens and I find myself wondering if it could be related...

coupesport
2008-04-16, 14:15
I haven't noticed a pattern with mine - tempting to download iPeng and use my iPod touch as this is starting to piss me off.

James

jrichardson
2008-04-18, 08:29
Can everyone having this issue please try the latest nightly build of SC 7.0.1, then report back here if this fixes or changes the behavior of this error.

To download the latest beta build, go to: http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/nightly/latest/trunk/

Then download and install the version specific to your OS.

Thank you

coupesport
2008-04-18, 09:36
Will do. Thanks James.

rgds

James

coupesport
2008-04-18, 09:55
Downloaded, installed and controller is just updating. I'll let you know how it goes.

rgds

James

coupesport
2008-04-18, 12:15
Well it all works. Controller response seems a bit slower though and the controller is warmer compared to normal (its not in the charger). I take it that the wireless connection is being used more ?

James

coupesport
2008-04-19, 03:49
Hmmm...

Dunno about the wake up issue, but 7.01 kept producing an error when trying to scan my library (even tried a complete fresh re-install), so i'm back to 7.0 and its all working again...

James

coupesport
2008-04-19, 13:01
Back to 7.01 as the controller ran too slow with 7.00 as it had downloaded a firmware update.

Still seems slower compared to 7.00 and i wont be rescanning my library for a while either...

casonbang
2008-04-19, 20:01
Updated my SC and the remote to 7.0.1 r2287.

I didn't notice any slowdowns or other problems, but Slacker seemed to be stopping after one song until I updated the library. And it could be my imagination, but the remote did seem to be warmer to the touch.

Anyway, it still locked up the same as before. No music playing, everything on pause. :(