PDA

View Full Version : Wake-on-LAN on Vista settings, please

okvaal
2008-04-05, 09:31
Hi.
I can't seem to find my manual right now, so I was hoping someone here could help me through the WoL set up on Windows Vista. I vaguely remember going through Control Panel and Network and Internet (may be different in English, this was an attempt at translating from the Norwegian Vista version), but there I'm lost.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
ole k

PSSO
2008-04-05, 09:48
Network and Sharing Center -> Manage network connections -> Properties on NIC -> Configure.. -> Power Management

okvaal
2008-04-06, 02:02
Thanks a lot!

bows,
ole k

okvaal
2008-05-18, 03:56
Network and Sharing Center -> Manage network connections -> Properties on NIC -> Configure.. -> Power Management

Well, it's me again. After moving and resetting my Squeezecenter, the same thing appears, only this time "Allow this device to wake the computer is greyed out. So, what now? I also have some other problems communicating on my system, but that calls for another thread.

thanks in advance,
ole k

PSSO
2008-05-18, 04:24
Well, it's me again. After moving and resetting my Squeezecenter, the same thing appears, only this time "Allow this device to wake the computer is greyed out. So, what now? I also have some other problems communicating on my system, but that calls for another thread.

thanks in advance,
ole k
Try to disable User Account Control

Club1820
2008-05-18, 08:11

I have these exact settings set up correctly on my Vista PC and yet I have never been able to get my SB3 to wake up my PC from Sleep.

???

PSSO
2008-05-18, 08:34
I have these exact settings set up correctly on my Vista PC and yet I have never been able to get my SB3 to wake up my PC from Sleep.

???
Are WOL enabled in the BIOS

Club1820
2008-05-18, 10:24
Are WOL enabled in the BIOS

Yep. It is. But what I have noticed on some other threads/posts, - other users have another setting on their network card. Something to do with Magic Packets. Cant recall the exact setting. But my card does not have this. I'm assuming this is the problem. ?

SilverRS8
2008-05-18, 10:31

???

I've been using Vista for more than a year now without any WOL issue. I've been using the Vista firewall without a problem. However, when I tried the NOD32 firewall WOL didn't work any more, not even when I disabled the NOD32 firewall. So question is; Do you use a firewall, which one and try disabling and uninstalling as last resort just to test the complete system.

Just a tip; Try some of the free WOL tools (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake-on-LAN) from a remote machine just to do the testing....

Frank

Club1820
2008-05-18, 21:47
I use Norton Internet Security. So yes, I am using a firewall. When I get a chance, I will try disabling it. Although I seem to recall I had already tried this a couple of months ago. ? But not sure, so will give it a go.

Thanks.

SilverRS8
2008-05-18, 23:50
With SC7.0 I never had a problem. With 7.0.1 my SC server wakes up after an undetermined ammount of time. I don't know why, maybe it is the SB3's new firmware. Could be the controller.... :-(