PDA

View Full Version : Loveline as Podcast

Zevs
2008-04-05, 04:24
Hi!

I tried to add the radio show Loveline to my podcasts in Squeezecenter and it seemed to work in the way that I can see all the different shows both in the SC and Dueet controller, but I can't play anything. Anyone know what could be wrong ? The address I paste in (with username and passwords taken away) are as follows

http://<username>:<password>@www.LovelineShow.com/podcast?action=fullShowPodcast&auth=LTU0NDc3NzIzODY2MDAwMTIwMg==

Grateful for any help with this

Zevs

Squonk
2008-04-05, 10:57
If your username happens to be your e-mail address (and has an @ in it), that can cause a problem.

Zevs
2008-04-05, 11:58
If your username happens to be your e-mail address (and has an @ in it), that can cause a problem.

Thanks for the reply!! Yes it is an email address .. but would that make it not play, but still show the names and such of all the podcasts ... ? Any way of getting around this ...

Zevs

radish
2008-04-05, 12:10
Try replacing the @ with "%40", so a@b.com would be "a%40b.com".

Zevs
2008-04-05, 12:18
Try replacing the @ with "%40", so a@b.com would be "a%40b.com".

Thanks very much for trying to help! I tried what you suggested and also to change my username on their site to not include the @ symbol. But I still get the same results, i.e. I see all the shows in Squeezecenter but when I try to play any of them, the result just is an empty playlist.

Zevs

Zevs
2008-04-06, 00:45
I have now found out that I can add All the podcasts from Loveline to the playlist part. Unfortunately still I can't play any of them, i.e. no sound. On squeezecenter it seems it plays 3 seconds, then stops, goes back to start, plays 3 seconds again, stops and so on. When I try to play any of the shows on my SB3, the reciever gives a loud click and then reboots. Frustrating, grateful for any suggestions in how to fix this or any ideas of why this doesn't work.

Zevs

Zevs
2008-04-06, 01:39
OK, I see now that my controller say error in parsing the asf stream. I tried to search for asf here in the forum and found a few posts that indicated that this could be the problem, although it wasn't very clear to me why. Are asf streams not supported by Squeezecenter ? Are there no ways around this ?

Zevs