PDA

View Full Version : Cannot obtain IP address

TubThumper
2008-04-05, 03:18
Hi

I've got a new router (the uk BT home Hub) which has replaced an old origo router.

Squeezebox ran fine prior to new router but on setting it up it won't find an IP address even though it can find the network. Wants me to specify an IP address (pretty sure I didnt have to do that before)and don't know how to do that.

I have zonealarm running, though even when disabled the sb cant find the dhcp server.

Any ideas?

Thanks

pski
2008-04-05, 15:32
Hi

I've got a new router (the uk BT home Hub) which has replaced an old origo router.

Squeezebox ran fine prior to new router but on setting it up it won't find an IP address even though it can find the network. Wants me to specify an IP address (pretty sure I didnt have to do that before)and don't know how to do that.

I have zonealarm running, though even when disabled the sb cant find the dhcp server.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Http to the new router and make sure DHCP is enabled... if you can't get to it, there is a possiblity the new router is on a "non-standard" net (like 192.168.0.x instead of 192.168.1.x)

Do other devices obtain an address OK? Use ipconfig /all to get the gateway address... this should be the target of the http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx above.

jaffacake
2008-04-05, 15:37
homehubs usually come with wireless encryption enabled.

Ensure you're entering the key correctly during setup.