PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox Duet Firmware Update problem

milesbeverley
2008-04-05, 02:44
Well to cut a long story short it seems that since buying my Duet I am part of the growing group of users who have been unable to use it because we use Apple Time Capsules. There has been a release this week which includes firmware for updating the receiver to fix this bug. I have downloaded the latest SC version 7.01 with the firmware. I have no clue how to load this firmware. The documentation referes to ¨holding down the screen brightness button¨ however there isn't a screen brightness button on a Duet controller. So I went to the help menu in SC and look for the remote controller reference guide.....and it refers to a picture of another controller and the Duet isn't shown!!!

Can anybody explain how I should load this firmware??

Oh, and does anybody know where I can get more info on the Remote Control?? I haven't been able to find anything. For example there seems to be an infrared port at the top and some sort of Jack plug. I thought this may be an ear phone jack and I could listen to the music directly from the remote. I tried it but it doesn't seem to work....so what is it for??

Taylormade
2008-05-24, 09:21
I am frustrated by this as well. Why is there continued reference to using the "Brightness Button" on the remote when the Squeezebox Controller doesn't have one?????????????? Poor instructions on Slim Devices part.

You can download the manual for the Squeezebox Controller from this site and it tells you to go to Network Settings under Advanced, etc. to upgrade the controller. I guess we'll see if this works.

andynormancx
2008-05-24, 10:21
Oh, and does anybody know where I can get more info on the Remote Control?? I haven't been able to find anything. For example there seems to be an infrared port at the top and some sort of Jack plug. I thought this may be an ear phone jack and I could listen to the music directly from the remote. I tried it but it doesn't seem to work....so what is it for??
The jack plug should be able to be used in future for listening to music using the Controller, but for the moment it does nothing.

egd
2008-05-24, 16:40
You should see an option to upgrade firmware under Settings/ Advanced/ Software update. Whether that will or will not work for you is another question altogether. My Receiver has never been able to upgrade its firmware via the wireless connection so I've resorted to using an SD card. Copy the firmware onto the SD card, pop that into your Receiver and choose Update from SD card.

On my Ubuntu machine the firmware is located at /var/lib/squeezecenter/cache/
Just rename the file jive_x.x_rxxxx.bin to jive.bin, put it on an SD card, pop the SD card into the Controller and update from the Controller.

If you're running windows I'd search for /program files/*jive*.bin to find the file.

dbrotzen
2008-05-25, 14:40
You should see an option to upgrade firmware under Settings/ Advanced/ Software update. Whether that will or will not work for you is another question altogether. My Receiver has never been able to upgrade its firmware via the wireless connection so I've resorted to using an SD card. Copy the firmware onto the SD card, pop that into your Receiver and choose Update from SD card.

On my Ubuntu machine the firmware is located at /var/lib/squeezecenter/cache/
Just rename the file jive_x.x_rxxxx.bin to jive.bin, put it on an SD card, pop the SD card into the Controller and update from the Controller.

If you're running windows I'd search for /program files/*jive*.bin to find the file.

and where do you pop the SD in on the receiver??

egd
2008-05-25, 14:59
and where do you pop the SD in on the receiver??

Remove battery cover and battery and the slot will be visible.

RonM
2008-05-25, 18:51
When I updated to 7.0.1, the firmware upgrade happened automatically without intervention from me, after a short while. I think something happened to the remote, too. Seamless.

I do have an ethernet connection, so any issues with wireless didn't arise.

R.