PDA

View Full Version : Odd display with Hebrew items in SC7



lofty
2008-04-05, 02:43
Hi,

I'm seeing a strange display issue in SC7 when looking at items that have hebrew characters in them. This is on XP and Vista, IE7. Things look fine in firefox. I attached a screen shot. Bascially when hovering over a hebrew artist name in the artists view, the pop-up "add/play/etc" control is displayed right on top of the artist name. I couldn't find anything in the bug database. If this is a new issue, should I log it?

Also, I'm wondering if anyone knows if anything changed with how unicode characters are handled from early sc7 betas to the latest release.

I used to be able to see hebrew letters up in the alphabet sorting area, but now I only get a "?" mark. At the same time I upgraded to the latest release, I also stripped out all the id3v1 tags lying around in my hebrew songs, so they are just using id3v2.3 utf16 now. I've tried saving to id3v1 and rescanning, but the letters don't seem to have reappeared.

Thanks,

Adam

mherger
2008-04-05, 09:01
> I'm seeing a strange display issue in SC7 when looking at items that
> have hebrew characters in them. This is on XP and Vista, IE7.

If you're still running 7.0, then you should update to 7.0.1. I recently
fixed that issues.

Michael

lofty
2008-04-05, 10:40
Thanks, that did the trick. The display is correct, AND the Hebrew letters are showing up in the alphabetical sort area.

Nice!

ymilner
2008-04-05, 11:28
> I'm seeing a strange display issue in SC7 when looking at items that
> have hebrew characters in them. This is on XP and Vista, IE7.

If you're still running 7.0, then you should update to 7.0.1. I recently
fixed that issues.

Michael

That is great news! Since this is bug 4851 (http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4851)
Are you positive it is fixed? This behavior used to start a couple of weeks after the server is first started. Server restart would correct the situation, for a week or two...

lofty
2008-04-05, 23:46
Well, after reading that bug, I can't say for sure that the bug is fixed. But I'll keep my server up for a few weeks and see if I can repro that issue. It sounds like I have a similar setup with lots of artists and unicode tags/files mixed in.

In my case I upgraded to 7.0 from an earlier 7.0 beta release, and that's when things stopped working for me.

ymilner
2008-04-07, 02:17
I suppose it would have been fixed also if you have just restarted the server. But lets wait and see; if in couple of week it is still OK then its fixed for good! :)

lofty
2008-04-18, 10:38
Well, the alphabet sorting bar issue doesn't appear to be fixed.

After a few weeks, with automatic nightly rescans for changes, my alphabet sorting bar went back to displaying a question mark for the unicode artists and albums.

Restarting the windows service fixed it again. Strange bug.