PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions About Duet

FredFredrickson
2008-04-04, 18:49
Just got mine today, and I'm totally excited.

Couple questions:
1. When I go to the Update Software menu, it always says there's an update available. I did it a few times until I realized it just wasn't doing anything. I currently have 7.0 r2097 which I believe is the latest. Is this broken?

2. Making a playlist of Rhapsody tracks, you can't save the playlist? I tried and it doesn't work.

3. Adding Rhapsody tracks to Favorites - there's no option. Is that on purpose?

Anyway, I've mostly loved this but still want to maximize my usage.

FredFredrickson
2008-04-04, 19:05
Connected to squeezecenter instead of squeezenetwork allows saving playlists better

Mark Lanctot
2008-04-10, 06:12
1. When I go to the Update Software menu, it always says there's an update available. I did it a few times until I realized it just wasn't doing anything. I currently have 7.0 r2097 which I believe is the latest. Is this broken?

Answered many times already but when there's new firmware, you'll be prompted without going to the menu. Going through the update menu will simply re-load the firmware to whatever is on SC or the Logitech servers and if it's the latest, there will be no change.

The current wording does give the impression that there's a new firmware though, it seems to 'discover' that there's new firmware available which is misleading, you're really just re-loading it.

Millwood
2008-04-10, 06:29
I'm running 7.1 beta. It can't download jive stuff because
http://update.squeezenetwork.com/update/firmware/7.1/
is empty.

There are no jive entries in the server Firmware directory. There are entries for receiver, transporter, and squeezeboxs.

Does this mean that when I get my duet it will not get the right firmware?

Should I pick up the 7.01 jive stuff and add it to the Firmware directory?

Mark Lanctot
2008-04-10, 06:46
The Jive firmware is downloaded to the cache directory. It's downloaded on SC startup although I believe it also checks every 12 hours if SC is kept running.

Millwood
2008-04-10, 07:05
The Jive firmware is downloaded to the cache directory. It's downloaded on SC startup although I believe it also checks every 12 hours if SC is kept running.
thanks for the pointer.
the jive stuff from the last time I ran 7.01 is still in the cache.
7.1 can't download, as I said above, and fails every 10 minutes.

Mark Lanctot
2008-04-10, 07:17
the jive stuff from the last time I ran 7.01 is still in the cache.
7.1 can't download, as I said above, and fails every 10 minutes.

It can't download jive stuff because
http://update.squeezenetwork.com/update/firmware/7.1/
is empty.

I believe that's as it should be, IIRC the latest firmware is in 7.0.1 and 7.1 does not supersede it.