PDA

View Full Version : Updating firmware

wyzard
2008-04-04, 17:23
Good evening.

I understand that a update is being released this weekend for the issue with the Time Capsule wireless connection.

How do you get the update on the receiver and the controller?

Thanks.

funkstar
2008-04-05, 04:53
Good evening.

I understand that a update is being released this weekend for the issue with the Time Capsule wireless connection.

How do you get the update on the receiver and the controller?

Thanks.
For the Controller firmware, SC7 automatically checks for new releases every 24 hours (i think it's 24 hours anyway), downloads it then pushes it to the controller when it next connects.

Firmware for the Reciever and SB3 are tied to the version of SC7 you are using. So they are included in the nightly builds or official releases.

mwewe
2008-04-06, 23:44
The installation of SC7 is described as (Optional) in the duet user guide. I didn't install it because I'm using Live365 instead of leaving my computer on all the time.

This being the case, how do the firmware upgrades get done? I see a controller menu item to update the network software, which I guess is the controller firmware, but I don't see any way to upgrade the receiver.

Is that done automatically from the SqueezeNetwork?

funkstar
2008-04-07, 02:34
Is that done automatically from the SqueezeNetwork?
You got it :)

SqueezeNetwork is basically a gian SqueezeCenter accessed over the internet. Firmware updates for the Reciever SB2/3 and Transporter will be made available over SqueezeNetwork when they become officially released.