PDA

View Full Version : duet controller red wireless icon

davec67
2008-04-02, 22:54
new user of duet - mixed results.

SC works from my mac, but can't get the duet controller to recognize SC on my pc. The PC running SC can connect to the player fine and control that but the duet controller refuses to see it, even if I put in its IP. Anyone know why that is?

Also, just a few minutes ago the wireless icon on the controller turned RED. It still shows full strength and works, just a bright red color. Any ideas what this?

Also, had to reset the duet controller a couple of times, trying to do a software update tells me there is one there, downloads it, verifies, restarts but then tells me there is one there again - ad finintum - it shows a version from March 7

are these normal issues?

ETK
2008-04-02, 23:34
I have very similar condition for the red icon issue. But no firmware update issue.

I also post at this thread http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=44890&page=3

================================================== =======================
my network configuration is bridge mode , and connect duet box with wired ethernet.

Sometimes my controller fail to connect to duet box and sqeezeCenter ( usually after a power-off the controller for long time).

I try to press the LED button until the red light is flashing, and controller let me choose the player "Squeezebox xxxx". Then , I select to connect to ethernet for the player , and nothing happened to the duet box but keeping flashing the red light. And the controller just tell me something like "fail to connect , try again ?" over and over again.

I can only fix this bug by "Factory reset" the controller , and everything goes back to its perfect status.

I think there might be software update to solve this bug. The configuration procedure for the 1st time is much stronger than the others

radish
2008-04-03, 06:22
Also, had to reset the duet controller a couple of times, trying to do a software update tells me there is one there, downloads it, verifies, restarts but then tells me there is one there again - ad finintum - it shows a version from March 7

When you say it tells you there's a new update, is that after you go to the Software Update menu? If so that's a known issue. If it's prompting you to update without you doing anything, but not actually updating, that's not something so normal.

davec67
2008-04-03, 07:26
yes, only from software update - every time I go in it says update available

what about the red wireless icon on the duet controller? Does it mean a faulty controller or something else?

radish
2008-04-03, 07:33
yes, only from software update - every time I go in it says update available

OK, don't worry about that. It will prompt you automaticallyif there really is an update available.

what about the red wireless icon on the duet controller? Does it mean a faulty controller or something else?
That usually means it's lost the connection, but if it is still able to control the player that's obviously not the case. Not sure to be honest.