PDA

View Full Version : defective buttons on new controller?

jsharper
2008-04-02, 22:00
I just received my new Duet today and it seems as though the button pad on my controller is defective. When pressing any of the bottom 3 buttons, 2 or 3 button presses register simultaneously. I just submitted the following report via the tech support form. Does anyone have any experience with this particular problem or with the way Slim Devices/Logitech handles replacements? Is there any chance they will do a cross-ship advance replacement so I can play with a working controller this weekend? Will they pay for return shipment of the defective controller?

Subject: buttons malfunctioning on brand new SB Controller

I just received my Duet today. The bottom 3 buttons on the controller (<<, ||, >>) are malfunctioning. The pause button causes odd mute behavior, and the << and >> buttons don't work.

I navigated to Settings -> Advanced -> Factory Test -> Keypad
When I press the pause button, the following 3 buttons on the screen image turn red: pause, vol-, vol+. When I press the << button, the following 3 buttons on the screen image turn red: <<, <-, +. When I press the >> button, the following two buttons turn red: >>, >

I've tried rebooting it with no improvement.

bpa
2008-04-02, 23:33
You're not alone - see below and possibly make MickeyG aware of your problem.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=45490

jsharper
2008-04-17, 10:04
Can someone from SlimDevices please help me with this?? I submitted a support ticket for this over 2 weeks ago and still have no indication that a replacement has been shipped to me. I realize this forum isn't the proper communications avenue for this sort of thing, but I have not been able to get anyone to respond to me electronically in over a week and I've sat on the phone on hold now twice -- once for almost 1.5 hrs before i gave up and hung up and now again for at least 30 minutes.

My ref # is 080404-000480

It is really annoying to not be able to pause/stop or skip tracks! Please help. If you aren't able to send a working replacement controller, please send me a return label so I can just return the whole Duet.

jsharper
2008-04-17, 10:38
quick update -- ok right after I posted this last post and just as I was about to hang up again, someone answered the call and is supposedly going to ship it out today.