PDA

View Full Version : classic fm's listen-again jazz on Mac/SB?

whitman
2008-04-02, 09:22
Anyone managed to get to the listen-again jazz content on Classic FM working through a Mac/SB set-up? Now that Classic FM have dumped their station thejazz because the only thing they really care about is making money, the listen-again route is the only way to hear their jazz, unless you want to stay up all night. And the listen-again seems not to work on Macs, only PCs. Anyone found a way around it?

chrislayeruk
2008-04-02, 14:19
I Have windows XP and have it working with my SB3.
I use Radiofeeds UK and Ireland Plugin.

I know nothing of Mac's though, but it can be done.

TheJazz was among the best stations on DAB and plenty of people will miss it.

Good Luck, Chris :)

Ramage
2008-04-02, 23:42
Anyone managed to get to the listen-again jazz content on Classic FM working through a Mac/SB set-up? Now that Classic FM have dumped their station thejazz because the only thing they really care about is making money, the listen-again route is the only way to hear their jazz, unless you want to stay up all night. And the listen-again seems not to work on Macs, only PCs. Anyone found a way around it?

This url still works OK on squeezebox http://mediasrv-the.musicradio.com/Jazz
but for how long who knows? It was scheduled to close at end of March.

At the moment the MyClassicFM player seems restricted to IE, but who wants to listen on a PC if you've got squeezebox.

whitman
2008-04-03, 01:13
Chris and Ramage, ta for response, but I think you may have misunderstood. Thejazz station has definitely gone; stopped Mar 31st. But Classic FM, its deranged owner, now offers a jazz stream on its site and a jazz show on Classic FM at midnight. I'm trying to get to that show through Classic FM's listen again service, but this appears to be only available through a site player that is PC only. I wondered if anyone had found a way of getting it to a Mac/SB.

Ramage
2008-04-03, 05:17
Chris and Ramage, ta for response, but I think you may have misunderstood. Thejazz station has definitely gone; stopped Mar 31st. But Classic FM, its deranged owner, now offers a jazz stream on its site and a jazz show on Classic FM at midnight. I'm trying to get to that show through Classic FM's listen again service, but this appears to be only available through a site player that is PC only. I wondered if anyone had found a way of getting it to a Mac/SB.

I understand what you're saying, but "theJazz" url is still working. In fact I am listening to it right now. It is a windows media stream and you would need a compatible player to play it - SB would do this.

It may well have been taken off some of the platforms such as DAB and cable but the web stream is still there, for now at least.

Sorry can't really help with Mac specific issues.

whitman
2008-04-03, 05:39
Ah yes, Ramage, that is presumably the same as the continuing http://81.20.48.50/jazz stream that Classic FM have on their site now. They stopped broadcasting thejazz this Monday.

It's the jazz-content show on Classic FM at midnight that I'm trying to get at, through Classic FM's listen again service - which is the one that appears to be only available through their site player and is PC only.

My question is if any other Mac users have found a way of getting that to their SBs.

Ramage
2008-04-03, 06:47
Ah yes, Ramage, that is presumably the same as the continuing http://81.20.48.50/jazz stream that Classic FM have on their site now. They stopped broadcasting thejazz this Monday.

It's the jazz-content show on Classic FM at midnight that I'm trying to get at, through Classic FM's listen again service - which is the one that appears to be only available through their site player and is PC only.

My question is if any other Mac users have found a way of getting that to their SBs.

Yes it is the same url.

Good luck with your Mac quest.

whitman
2008-04-04, 13:20
So, does this silence mean no Mac users have found a way to get the listen again service from Classic FM to their SBs? Oh dear. I might have to start my own radio station.