PDA

View Full Version : SC 7.0.1 - 404 Not Found: settings/plugins/SqueezeScrobbler/settings/basic.html

ostmovid
2008-04-02, 03:58
Hi,

Whatever i do i get the :
404 Not Found: settings/plugins/SqueezeScrobbler/settings/basic.html

The symptoms are the same for every plugin i have tried on the SqueezeCenter settings GUI.

The computer formerly had SlimServer installed, and everything worked ok. Then some days ago i upgraded to installed 7.0 using the installprocedure. As part of troubleshooting I now have upgraded to : 7.0.1-18325 . I have downloaded the 7.0 compatible plugins, but every plugin seem to cause the same problem

I have cleared the cache, reinstalled, rebooted server and computer. What else can i do ?

RGDS
ostmovid

bpa
2008-04-02, 04:18
Just had a very similar issues on an XP system (see http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=45298) .

What OS are you using ?
Is it a non English version ?

Make sure you have in the directory server/Plugins just directories belonging to plugins and there is no directory called "Plugins" or "Plugin" in the server/Plugins directory.

tday01
2008-04-03, 01:17
I had the same problem and contacted tech support; a clean install fixed it.

Instructions for Mac OSX follow:

"trying a completely clean install will be a good first step. Below I have included instructions on both a clean install of SqueezeCenter 7.0.

To perform a clean installation of our SqueezeCenter software, follow the steps below:

1. First, go to System Preferences, click on SqueezeCenter and click on "Stop Server", close System Preferences.

2. Remove any of the following files and folders:

- Home > Library > Application Support > SqueezeCenter Folder (Also remove any residual SlimServer/SlimDevices folders if you had SlimServer installed previously.)
- Home > Library > PreferencePanes > SqueezeCenter.prefPane
- Home > Library > Caches > SqueezeCenter folder
- Home > Library> SlimServer/SlimDevices folder (May or may not exist)
- Macintosh HD > Library > PreferencePanes > SqueezeCenter.prefPane (may or may not exist)

Next...

3. Reinstall SqueezeCenter from:

http://www.slimdevices.com/su_downloads.html

4. After the install completes, the SqueezeCenter Preference Pane should come up, click on “Start Server,” then click on “Web Access”
Note: If you click on “Web Access” and you receive an error, wait a few seconds before you try again as the application may still be starting.

5. SqueezeCenter will start the Setup Wizard and you will have to enter your SqueezeNetwork log in information and specify your Music Library and Playlists folder paths. After that, SqueezeCenter will rescan your music Library.

Once SqueezeCenter finishes scanning your music library, verify that everything is working by playing a file. You may need to update your player once you get connected."

oddquad
2008-04-03, 11:32
I have cleared the cache, reinstalled, rebooted server and computer. What else can i do ?

I just went through this myself, did all the above...

Finally solved it by doing a factory reset on the SB3 (unplug SB3, hold the 'Add' button on the remote while plugging in the SB3) and Voila! all was well with the plugins again.

Hope this helps.

Derek

ostmovid
2008-04-03, 13:47
I just went through this myself, did all the above...

Finally solved it by doing a factory reset on the SB3 (unplug SB3, hold the 'Add' button on the remote while plugging in the SB3) and Voila! all was well with the plugins again.

Hope this helps.

Derek

Hi,
Honestly I cannot see how this solves the "404 Not Found" issue when configuring the plugins on the server. But anyhow :-) I played a blit more with this and finally got it working.

I am running Windows XP Norwegian Locale.
I ( once again ) deinstalled everything affiliaed with SqueezeCenter , and cleaned up everey trace i could find on the disk drive. Then I searched through the registry and deleted anything connected with SqueezeCenter , BIG NOTE ( Not for the Faint of heart.. not recommended on supported in any way :-!!!! )

This at least got me up and running my favourite plugins again....

BRGDS
ostmovid

oddquad
2008-04-03, 15:42
Honestly I cannot see how this solves the "404 Not Found" issue when configuring the plugins on the server.

Haha, I didn't either...

[highly uneducated guess]
Some bad bit of data messed up the SB3's ability to use plugins. The plugins still loaded into SC7, but any calls by the server to the HTML settings page within each plugin made the server say "Huh? What are these 'Plugins' of which you speak?"
[/highly uneducated guess]

I'm just saying that I had the exact same problem/symptoms (no plugins working, 404 error on settings pages in SC7), and the Factory Reset absolutely fixed it.

I'm glad your solution worked for you. But if anyone else (yourself included) encounters the same problem in the future, and doesn't want to hack the registry, etc., you/they may want to try resetting first :)

Happy Squeezing!

Derek

bpa
2008-04-03, 15:52
The cause of the 404 message is the fact the Plugins install.xml files will be read by SC no matter where they are in the server/Plugins or server/Slim/Plugin directory and subdirectories.

However if the code of the Plugin is not in the correct place - when SC looks for the Settings page (as defined in install.xml) it cannot be found.

An uninstall does not remove user installed plugins.

If the user uninstalls SC and doesn't delete the Plugins and associated directories left behind after uninstallation, the next re-install of SC will result in the same 404 problem.

You also need to delete the cached info from all the install.xml files read. These are saved in a file plugin-data.yaml in the cache directory.

oddquad
2008-04-03, 16:46
You also need to delete the cached info from all the install.xml files read. These are saved in a file plugin-data.yaml in the cache directory.

Good point. I should have specified that, prior to doing the Factory Reset, I had uninstalled SC7 via Control Panel AND deleted the Squeezecenter directories (including all subdirectories) in both Program Files and Program Data directories, then Re-installed SC7, set up everything again, and still had the same problem.

I THEN did the Factory Reset on the SB3, and all was suddenly well again.

I just wish I had done the Factory Reset first. I had luckily backed up my Prefs and Plugins beforehand, so after restoring those to their respective directories, everything was back to the lovely way it was before the problem occurred.

I love love LOVE my Squeezybox, and can't WAIT to get a brand new Squeezebox Controller to go with it!

Derek

bpa
2008-04-03, 16:58
I can make 404 happen at will without any player connected - so the problem is player independent and resetting the SB will not cure the problem.

However, it is possible that your browser is caching the 404 response and this cached response may be related to the player (some player specific info is in the URL). Resetting the SB may have caused a new IP to be assigned to SB or invalidated some other cached info by virtue of the reset.

oddquad
2008-04-03, 20:17
Anything is possible I suppose. I am a bear of very little brain. However I had also cleared my browser's cache prior to the reset with no result, and my SB3 has a static IP along with (but no, not the same as...sheesh)every other device in my network. After the Factory Reset, I of course had to re-enter all the network info on the SB, including that selfsame static IP.

So, once again, before Factory Reset, plugins no worky. AFTER Factory Reset, plugins worky. That is all I'm saying. I don't care why it worked, it worked. For me. YMMV

Derek