PDA

View Full Version : SB3 Classic - Who does Mods in EU?

nicoleif
2008-04-01, 02:16
Anyone know if there is a frim located in Europe doing modification (only aimed at pass throug/digital use) on the SB3 classic?

DVB
2008-04-01, 03:19
Patrick Dixon's SB+. Have a look here:

http://www.at-view.co.uk/sb2.htm

/DVB

nicoleif
2008-04-01, 03:46
Patrick Dixon's SB+. Have a look here:

http://www.at-view.co.uk/sb2.htm

/DVB
Have you tried it yourself? Aren't ATUNES selling two versions, a digital only version and the "standard" version?

DVB
2008-04-01, 03:52
Yes, I've got one myself ("standard" version). It's also correct that Patrick makes digital-only version as well.

/DVB

nicoleif
2008-04-01, 04:22
Yes, I've got one myself ("standard" version). It's also correct that Patrick makes digital-only version as well.

/DVB

There isn't much hope of finding one second-hand, I expect?!

DVB
2008-04-01, 04:34
You never know, but I doubt it. There aren't that many of them around.

/DVB

nicoleif
2008-04-01, 04:42
You never know, but I doubt it. There aren't that many of them around.

/DVB
What forum are they likely to be sold from?

DVB
2008-04-01, 04:46
Sorry, no idea.

/DVB

Patrick Dixon
2008-04-01, 05:33
There isn't much hope of finding one second-hand, I expect?!

They come up very rarely and seem to fetch around 700. IIRC they have been offered in the past here, on pfm and hi-fi wigwam.

In most cases, it's better to use the internal DAC rather than feeding S/PDIF to an external DAC. It also usually more cost effective.

nicoleif
2008-04-01, 05:43
They come up very rarely and seem to fetch around 700. IIRC they have been offered in the past here, on pfm and hi-fi wigwam.

In most cases, it's better to use the internal DAC rather than feeding S/PDIF to an external DAC. It also usually more cost effective.

I am beginning to doubt that the SB+ is a good combination to my AN DAC. Maybe I should consider www.boldercables.com who makes the SqueezeBox 3 Digital Only Mods! It is much cheaper than SB+. Only problem is that it's located in US! By the way is there to be payed taxes&Customs on modifications? Does anyone know of firms performing similar mods located in an EU country?