PDA

View Full Version : SOme artists appearing out of order in Artist and Album lists

MelonMonkey
2008-03-31, 07:40
With version 7.0 and nightlies of 7.01 I'm noticing that a few artists are creeping into sections of both Artist and Album listings they don't belong in. See the screenshots attached.

The specific example illustrated shows Blondie, Yazoo and Yes entries within a listing of artists starting with the letter "A"

Further, the position of these artists is different between the Artist List and the Album list (when displaying in the order Artist > Year > Album)

These misplaced artists all also appear on the Armand Van Helden album "New York: A Mix Odyssey" - tracks on this album are all tagged with TPE2/ALBUM ARTIST of "Armand Van Helden" with COMPILATION=0 and used to only generate the single album in previous versions of SlimServer.

These artists are also ones that I have complete albums for. Other artists from the Armand album for which I do not have complete albums don't seem to be appearing in the list.

This definitely has something to do with the changes that were put in to deal with TPE2/ALBUM ARTIST listings and compilations.

Perhaps someone better at searching bugzilla can check (or knows) if this bug has already been filed? I'll gladly submit it if not.

verbatone
2008-05-11, 21:03
Hmm, I'm surprised this didn't get any more attention. I'm also seeing this. The Supremes end up in the D section. Anyone have an answer for this?

Also, another kinda annoying thing about scanner is that it now sorts some names by the artist's last name. For example, Elvis Presley ends up in the P's, while Al Green ends up in the A's. I don't mind it sorting in a specific way, I just wish it was consistent. Unfortunately I don't see how SC could ever guess every names properly. Especially when bands like Jethro Tull exist that would then be sorted in the T's.

I would have thought there'd be a option in the settings to enable this feature or disable it.

slimkid
2008-05-11, 21:14
Also, another kinda annoying thing about scanner is that it now sorts some names by the artist's last name. For example, Elvis Presley ends up in the P's, while Al Green ends up in the A's. I don't mind it sorting in a specific way, I just wish it was consistent. Unfortunately I don't see how SC could ever guess every names properly. Especially when bands like Jethro Tull exist that would then be sorted in the T's...

Hi,

just an idea;

Any chance that those tracks include tag ARTISTSORT? Even if you didn't put it there, some other software might have.

K