PDA

View Full Version : Duet Controller will not update beyond 2097

jason3fc
2008-03-30, 21:33
My duet controller will not update to any version beyond 2097. I have tried to initiate an update many times, and it acts like it downloads the update, and installs it then reboots the controller, and when it comes up the version still says r2097. I have downloaded the latest release of 7.0 and installed that and tried the update again, but even though it seems like the process works, the version always says r2097. Any suggestions?

ptrainer
2008-03-31, 00:10
My SBC has been the same as yours. I've run the update a dozen times in the last few weeks and it always says:

Version:
7.0 r2097
root@padbuild #60 Fri Mar 7 11:24:65 PST 2008

Unfortunately I have no answer for you. Hopefully someone else will know why as I am perplexed.

rtitmuss
2008-03-31, 03:44
See bug 6019 (http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6019). The Controller does not actually need to do a firmware update, the message is wrong. You'll be prompted if an update is actually required. This is fixed on the 7.0.1 beta release.

Richard

jason3fc
2008-03-31, 06:56
Thanks for the info, Richard. That is at least reassuring that it does in fact have the right version.

Sqeze
2008-04-29, 11:36
I just bought a Duet yesterday and after setting it up, the remote wanted to update to r2097. I told it to go ahead, and it downloaded an update and rebooted. Now it is stuck in an endless loop. Every time it restarts, it tells me there is an update to download. The only option is to click "Begin Update". ("Back" doesn't allow me to exit). If I accept the message it says "Copying Update" for about 15 seconds (no progress display like the first time when it showed x% during the download) and it reboots again and shows the same message as before.).

Right now the Duet is an expensive doorstop, as I can't use the remote at all.

How can I reset it to an earlier, presumably working, firmware version?? Or a later version, if it works???

HELP!

bklaas
2008-04-29, 14:09
I just bought a Duet yesterday and after setting it up, the remote wanted to update to r2097. I told it to go ahead, and it downloaded an update and rebooted. Now it is stuck in an endless loop. Every time it restarts, it tells me there is an update to download. The only option is to click "Begin Update". ("Back" doesn't allow me to exit). If I accept the message it says "Copying Update" for about 15 seconds (no progress display like the first time when it showed x% during the download) and it reboots again and shows the same message as before.).

Right now the Duet is an expensive doorstop, as I can't use the remote at all.

How can I reset it to an earlier, presumably working, firmware version?? Or a later version, if it works???

HELP!

Are you using SqueezeCenter? If so, I'd suggest installing version 7.0.1 and see if that clears up your issue.

cheers,
#!/ben

Sqeze
2008-04-29, 22:20
Are you using SqueezeCenter? If so, I'd suggest installing version 7.0.1 and see if that clears up your issue.

cheers,
#!/ben

Ben, Thanks! That allowed the update to download and now everything seems to be working fine!! As a new user, I am really impressed by how quickly the user community was able to help me.
Cheers, John

adobaby
2008-05-02, 11:00
Hi there,

I have the same problem - my duet controller is stuck in an update loop. It wants to update to r2097 but constantly restarts and retries. I've read the thread - a squeeze center update to v7.0.1 seemed to help Sqeze but I can't find any "Check for update now" option in Squeezecenter, only an "automatically look for updates" or "don't look for them at all" option.

Does my OS matter? I'm running Windows 2000 SP4. What can I do? It's Friday evening and I can't listen to any music!!! Aaaaaarrghh!

ado

Skunk
2008-05-02, 11:11
I can't find any "Check for update now" option in Squeezecenter,

That is in the Controller's menu, Settings>Advanced>Software Update>Network Update.

adobaby
2008-05-02, 11:22
Hi

thanks for the advice - but my problem is that once the controller turns on it goes straight to the update request and won't allow me access to any other menu. Any ideas....am I missing something blindingly obvious here

ado?

adobaby
2008-05-02, 11:37
Hi

sorry - quick addendum to my last post - I can get into the main menu (not so easy either - at some stage it interrupts whatever i'm looking at and quite insists that I perform the update) but under settings>advanced>software update the only options are "begin update" and "cancel", I don't see any "network update" option...

How about a factory reset? Might that help?

ado

Skunk
2008-05-02, 11:39
Hi

thanks for the advice - but my problem is that once the controller turns on it goes straight to the update request and won't allow me access to any other menu. Any ideas....am I missing something blindingly obvious here

ado?

Oops, sorry about that. Well there seem to be a lot of threads about this, so you might try searching out a few of those. If it was my new toy and I was desperate to get it working, I'd call tech support.

So you upgraded SC to 7.0.1 but the Controller still refuses to DL the update? Not sure if this is the problem everyone else is experiencing or not, but another of those 'if it were mine' things I might try would be reverting to the prev firmware, to see if menus are then accessible:

* Hold down VOL+ at startup to switch to the last software version.

* Hold down the ADD button at startup to do a factory reset.

If you have WinSCP on your PC or an SD memory card you can force the new firmware on there, but that's a bit of work for a Friday night.

Skunk
2008-05-02, 11:40
Hi

sorry - quick addendum to my last post - I can get into the main menu (not so easy either - at some stage it interrupts whatever i'm looking at and quite insists that I perform the update) but under settings>advanced>software update the only options are "begin update" and "cancel", I don't see any "network update" option...

How about a factory reset? Might that help?

ado

Sorry I wasn't looking at mine, it's the Network Update page, just choose begin update.

Sqeze
2008-05-02, 11:41
@adobaby: I don't know if you are still having problems. If so, I got the SqueezeCenter Version 7.0.1 download from here: http://www.slimdevices.com/dev_nightly.html
You can download the file corresponding to your computer (mine was the Mac one) and install it. The computer talks to the controller and that unlocked my loop - the controller said I had a d/l, but then the d/l was successful and the update finished OK and since thne everything has been fine...

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
John

adobaby
2008-05-03, 02:28
Hi all

thanks for your advice - only getting back to you all now as I had to fall back on plan B last night which involved going out instead.

Thanks Sqeze - got the Download 7.0.1 and that cleared the problem up straight away.

Thanks everyone. I'm humbled by the speed of the responses. Have a nice weekend.

Ado

erichringewald
2008-05-03, 09:23
Hi,

I am having precisely the same issue (endless loop with Controller asking to "update firmware"). I am using SC version 7.0.1 - 18834 (Apr 17). Is it to be expected that this was not yet fixed in this version? Was it addressed more recently? I'd love to know before I attempt to update to the latest nightly (7.0.1 - 19352), which I'll probably get to tonight, anyway :)

I can't see any remarks about this issue in the changelogs...

Thanks.

MrSinatra
2008-05-03, 21:02
this is jmo...

but if i'm you i DL the newest nightly and try to get the newest FW that way. you may have to power cycle your SBC to get it, or factory resest.

i'm on FW 2409 and i'm happy with it.