PDA

View Full Version : Squeezecenter 7 + Transporter problems

StigErik
2008-03-30, 13:50
Anyone else experiencing problems with Squeezecenter 7 and Transporter? My Transporter was locking up randomly, remote stopped working, music stopping and so on. At the same time my Squeezebox worked 100% fine.

First I suspected that my computer or Squeezecenter install was bad, so I tried an other computer - got the same problems here. When I had tried the forth computer I gave up...

Well... I went back to Slimserver 6.5, which actually DOES work for me.

Any ideas?

wireless200
2008-03-30, 18:02
Anyone else experiencing problems with Squeezecenter 7 and Transporter? My Transporter was locking up randomly, remote stopped working, music stopping and so on. At the same time my Squeezebox worked 100% fine.

First I suspected that my computer or Squeezecenter install was bad, so I tried an other computer - got the same problems here. When I had tried the forth computer I gave up...

Well... I went back to Slimserver 6.5, which actually DOES work for me.

Any ideas?

I had some issues but they've abated in recent weeks. It's still a little glitchy and usually happens when I'm scanning around looking at different items in the music library. I've had it keep playing online stations even when the computer was off as well as locking up and not responding to commands. Not too bad but occaisonally. I basically had the same stuff happen on my SB as well. I would suggest rescanning your music library and hope they improve the stability in further point releases.

haunyack
2008-03-30, 21:46
Any ideas?

Incompatible plugin(s)?

StigErik
2008-03-30, 23:29
Incompatible plugin(s)?

I think not. The problems happened even with a 100% pure untouched fresh install also.

By the way, it happened also without any music in the library. I tested walking around the menus, and playing internet radio, and it still happened.

A possible explanation could be that I use Norwegian locale on my computers? Windows XP pro English though.

mherger
2008-03-30, 23:47
> My Transporter was locking up randomly, remote stopped working, music
> stopping and so on. At the same time my Squeezebox worked 100% fine.

Make sure you give your player a name - or update to 7.0.1. In 7.0 there was a bug which caused lock ups in the player interface when the player had no name.

--

Michael

StigErik
2008-03-31, 00:55
> My Transporter was locking up randomly, remote stopped working, music
> stopping and so on. At the same time my Squeezebox worked 100% fine.

Make sure you give your player a name - or update to 7.0.1. In 7.0 there was a bug which caused lock ups in the player interface when the player had no name.

--

Michael

Thanks, I could try this. I didnt (re)name the player, it just showed up as "Transporter".