PDA

View Full Version : Pure.html or ajaxUpdate flag for "native" plugins

pippin
2008-03-28, 20:11
I have noticed that a lot of the plugins that ship with SC7 do not have a "pure.html" nor support the "ajaxUpdate" flag to deliver a page without header and footer.

An example is MusicMagic.

I believe it would be very easy to implement this and add much more flexibility to the use of these plugins.

I need this right now for iPeng since that now has a feature on the NowPlaying screen to display various content that is related to the current track/album/artist/genre in a window that is updated with ajaxUpdate. What happens is, that this content has duplicate headers and footers.

I could fix this in iPeng by providing custom pages, but I believe it would add flexibility to the base system to support this and it should be quite a simple change.

What do you think about this? If there's support for the idea I will file an enhancement request.

mherger
2008-03-29, 08:46
> I have noticed that a lot of the plugins that ship with SC7 do not have
> a "pure.html" nor support the "ajaxUpdate" flag to deliver a page
> without header and footer.

Please note that the pure.html isn't something I have seen in any plugin but mine. Nothing you can rely on being there for all the plugins.

> An example is MusicMagic.

Are there others?

> I believe it would be very easy to implement this and add much more
> flexibility to the use of these plugins.

If you open an enhancement request, please attach the patch ;-). Thanks!

--

Michael

pippin
2008-03-29, 14:20
> An example is MusicMagic.

Are there others?

sorry, turned out the others that had this issue were 3rd party plugins (e.g. TrackStat) or no plugins at all (songinfo). For the latter there could be a workaround by directly using songinfo_details. I'll check and include it in the enhancement request otherwise.

> I believe it would be very easy to implement this and add much more
> flexibility to the use of these plugins.

If you open an enhancement request, please attach the patch ;-). Thanks!

Sir, yes, Sir ;-)

pippin
2008-03-29, 17:23
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=7663

mherger
2008-03-31, 00:03
> http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=7663

Hey, even with patches! Great, thanks.

--

Michael