PDA

View Full Version : SB3 + squeezecenter 7 cannot connect with PC starting via welcome screen

pbudding
2008-03-26, 07:05
Dear reader,

Yesterday I upgraded to SqueezeCenter 7 but I wasn't aware of the major changes it had undergone. One thing which I cannot understand is the different behaviour betweeen SlimServer 6.5.4 and squeezecenter 7.0 after starting my PC via WOL.
With the slimserver 6 it was possible to have a connection with my SB3 while the PC started up with it's XP welcome screen, and no need to login.

But with SqueezeCenter 7 this is not the case anymore. SqueezeCenter 7 only starts up when you haved logged in to an account.

Anyone any thoughts about this different behaviour?

Thanks,
Peter

mherger
2008-03-26, 07:27
> But with SqueezeCenter 7 this is not the case anymore. SqueezeCenter 7
> only starts up when you haved logged in to an account.

You can change the start behaviour using the tool from the start menu. Set SC to be run as a service.

As for the reasons of the change in default behaviour search the forums: "services vs. app mode" has been discussed in length.

--

Michael

pbudding
2008-03-26, 07:50
> But with SqueezeCenter 7 this is not the case anymore. SqueezeCenter 7
> only starts up when you haved logged in to an account.

You can change the start behaviour using the tool from the start menu. Set SC to be run as a service.

As for the reasons of the change in default behaviour search the forums: "services vs. app mode" has been discussed in length.

--

Michael

Michael. Many thanks that was the trick wasn't aware of this startup tool