PDA

View Full Version : Selective indexing?

Psyduck
2008-03-26, 03:05
Hi!

This has probably been discussed earlier but i failed to find any related threads.

I have 2 repositories of ripped music.
- One with my ripped CD:s. Well structured and correctly taggged.
- One with...errrhm...*cough*...mp3:s. These files lacks structure and have, if any, mostly wrong tags.

Is it possible to add both of these reposiories to SC7 but only index tags for the correctly tagged files?
My goal is to have access to all files via "Music folders" without adding garbage to the album/artist/title index.

Zaragon
2008-03-26, 04:21
I think you are out of luck. SC indexes all the tags it can see. If it can't see the tags in a file then it tries to guess them using the directory and filename structure.

You could remove all the tags from your MP3s and rely upon guessing.

You could always try the custombrowse and customscan plugins to sort of filter them out. As I haven't played with those plugins I can't be sure but I am aware that you can effectively create multiple libraries which sounds like what you want to do.

m1abrams
2008-03-26, 05:20
Hi!

This has probably been discussed earlier but i failed to find any related threads.

I have 2 repositories of ripped music.
- One with my ripped CD:s. Well structured and correctly taggged.
- One with...errrhm...*cough*...mp3:s. These files lacks structure and have, if any, mostly wrong tags.

Is it possible to add both of these reposiories to SC7 but only index tags for the correctly tagged files?
My goal is to have access to all files via "Music folders" without adding garbage to the album/artist/title index.

My recommendation would be to give the poorly tagged music and identifying tag, either in the Genre and/or Artist/Album that is unique to them. This way they are out of the way of the normal structure.

htrd
2008-03-26, 10:08
No standard feature, but there are several patches around to hide files or
directories from being indexed. Im sure someone posted a new patch last
week, but I cant find the thread now. Hopefully someone else can post a
link.

Heres one patch for 6.5, but I guess that doesnt help you much:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.music.equipment.slimdevices.general/97915/match=hide+directory