PDA

View Full Version : Enable Album Art when browsing music by folder

DuetOwner
2008-03-25, 15:12
I can see album art when browsing by album in Squeezebox Controller or Squeeze Center 7. But I cannot see album art if I browse by folder.

How can I enable album art when browsing music by folder list in Squeezebox Controller or Squeeze Center 7?

Kindly guide me.

JJZolx
2008-03-25, 15:28
I can see album art when browsing by album in Squeezebox Controller or Squeeze Center 7. But I cannot see album art if I browse by folder.

How can I enable album art when browsing music by folder list in Squeezebox Controller or Squeeze Center 7?

It can't be done in the web interface. I suspect the same is true from the controller.

DuetOwner
2008-03-25, 23:41
Thank you JJZolx!

I browse by folder as I listen to world music and thus my music was name and arranged by hand. When I browse by album some of my folders do not appear in the list. For example there is a folder names as "DTS tracks to check Bit Perfection" and it has a file named as, "DEMO2_DTS". This folder doesn't appears in browse by album list but only appears if I browse by folder.

How should I name the folders and files in them so all the folders and files appear when I browse by album?

slimpy
2008-03-26, 03:22
Thank you JJZolx!

I browse by folder as I listen to world music and thus my music was name and arranged by hand. When I browse by album some of my folders do not appear in the list. For example there is a folder names as "DTS tracks to check Bit Perfection" and it has a file named as, "DEMO2_DTS". This folder doesn't appears in browse by album list but only appears if I browse by folder.

How should I name the folders and files in them so all the folders and files appear when I browse by album?
If the files don't have tags that SC can recognize it tries to guess tags based on the file name and directory structure.
Take a look at Server settings - Advanced - Formatting - Guess Tags Format.
You can enter your own format or rename your files to match one of the existing formats.

-s.

aubuti
2008-03-26, 05:54
Search the forum for related threads on this. If I recall correctly, there is a forum member who goes by "willyhoops" who put together an alternative web interface that shows album art when browsing by folder. I doubt it will work on the Controller, but it might work for you on the SC7 web interface.

Edit: check out this link http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=40768