PDA

View Full Version : No analog output after updating to SqueezeCenter 7.0 and Squeezebox firmware 86

geoperkins
2008-03-23, 16:57
Searched the forums, no answers there, I hope a forum member can help.

After having good luck and enjoying my functioning SqueezeBox3 for a long while, and happy, I took the plunge. I updated to SqueezeCenter 7.0 and SB firmware 86. Now I get no output on the analog outputs on the SB. (Not sure of output on digital, don't have the digital cable connected to the receiver, prefer the high-quality DAC in SB to what's in my receiver.)

The SB display appears to indicate that sound should be playing, yet nothing. I have tried listening to Internet Radio, the "Sounds" plug-ins, as well (of course) as my FLAC music collection. (Yes, the obvious things like cables, receiver, Ethernet, etc. are all 100% functional. SC running on WinXP fully patched, hard-wired Ethernet, SB on a 5800+Joule surge protector, & power correction).

I have gone through the SC and SB settings looking at everything, they all look okay, like this should just work. SB volume is set to 100% and still nothing.

What are the next troubleshooting steps I should take?

maggior
2008-03-23, 18:35
I've read that doing a reset on the xilinx chip can solve problems similar to this. It is easy to do, so regardless it is worth a try.

A quote from another thread:
"Press and hold the 1 button on your remote during bootup to do
this."

Perhaps in the FW upgrade the occurs when moving to SC, the xilinx got scrambled.

Good luck.

geoperkins
2008-03-24, 20:39
Thanks for the tip. I have sound again on the analog RCA outputs. Rebooting the SB also caused it to download more firmware - not sure if that fixed this or if holding the 1 key did the trick.

ModelCitizen
2008-03-25, 01:03
I have recently experience a similar problem, a reoccurence of an unsolved problem first experienced well over a year ago. Like you, all players appeared to be playing but none emitted any audio signal. The problem seems to start after I have synced all players with Softsqueeze.

Just for my own information, could you let me know if you'd played about with syncing and/or Softsqueeze when your problem started?

Mind you, I've found a reboot of Slimserver and the players usually solved the problem.

MC

geoperkins
2008-03-28, 18:53
I wasn't doing anything special with "softsqueeze" (not even sure what that is). I did upgrade from Slimserver 6.x to Squeezecenter 7.x and upgraded the firmware in my Squeezebox device at the same time. I rebooted the server PC and also powered off/on the Squeezebox as part of the upgrade. But it required another Squeezebox power off/on cycle to get audio output again.

chrch01
2008-03-29, 11:25
I have the exact same problem with no sound coming out of the analog jacks. besides unplugging is there another way to reset the receiver? thx

radish
2008-04-03, 07:42
Good question! You could try a factory reset (press and hold the front button for over 6 seconds, until it flashes red quickly). Release and wait for it to reset, then go back through setup.