PDA

View Full Version : Controlling Multiple SB3s

mgraves
2008-03-23, 16:44
I'm embarking upon a whole house audio system based upon multiple SB3s, each with its own powered monitors. However, while this will do just what I need it lacks an ability to globally control volume. Is this something that can be done?

I presume that its possible via the API. What would be ideal is the ability to adjust the volume of the individual players as well as globally.

Which brings me to a related question. Has anyone ever posted a bounty for a specific feature in Slim Server?

Michael

ds2021
2008-03-23, 17:12
The sync feature does actually allow for global volume control. See Squeezecenter > Settings > Players > Audio > Synchronize Volume.

Secret Squirrel
2008-03-24, 07:45
Which brings me to a related question. Has anyone ever posted a bounty for a specific feature in Slim Server?

Michael

I believe there was a "bounty" placed for the Sirius plugin.

HTH,

SS

mgraves
2008-03-24, 13:54
Perhaps there's room for a more elegant control of volume? What I envision is a display that allows the control of volume on several players. Not that each are at the same level, but that there is a global volume that would reduce the volume throughout the house without altering the relative volume between the players.

It's not unlike a small mixing console in reverse. A master volume adjusts the overall level, but then each player could be brought up/down as well.

If the phone rings in one room I'd like to be able to mute that room alone, but keep the others going, perhaps ducking their level.

All this points to the potential value in a "whole house audio controller" designed to coordinate multiple SB3s.