PDA

View Full Version : Need help.. Recevier won't connect....

wyzard
2008-03-23, 09:30
Good afternoon.

I'm setting up my Duet today. I have an Apple Time Capsule (similar to an Airport Extreme).

I'm using WPA2 encryption on a private network (SSID not broadcast).

I have the control connected to my network. When I try to set up my receiver for wireless, it won't connect. The light goes from flashing red to solid yellow, then I get a connection error. I'm able to connect through a wired connection and the remote is working fine with a strong signal. Any thoughts?

I really want to get this working wirelessly and start enjoying it but so far... no joy!!!

Please help!!

Thanks.

ds2021
2008-03-23, 17:15
I have seen a similar issue with other wifi devices. Enabling SSID broadcast solved the issue at that time. It may be worth a try to at least see if that is the issue.

wyzard
2008-03-24, 06:09
Thanks...

I'll give that a try.

I was also wondering if it matter that the passcode isn't it hex format. The controller connects, but the receiver has issues.

I'll try your suggestions and post back.

wyzard
2008-03-24, 07:21
Tried that. Didn't work. I even turned off security on my router... took the receiver near the router and tried to connect. It goes yellow, but then tells me there was a problem getting it to connect.

I'm at a loss. Calling tech support. This may be going back!

EliteAV
2008-03-25, 05:33
Wyzard, I may have the same issue and have posted a thread about it here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=45196.

I have raised a ticket with Logitech support.

ds2021
2008-03-25, 06:35
Wyzard, be sure to power cycle the controller after changing the security settings on your router. Also, although it is to WEP, be sure to review the reference to Apple's Airport security settings in the Duet manual; they clearly do things a bit different from the standard. Contacting support is otherwise a good step.

fcm4711
2008-03-26, 01:01
Hello wyzard

There is a general issue with Time Capsule, please add yourself to this bug to be notified when the issue has been resolved.

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=7415

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Felix