PDA

View Full Version : Perl module Load problems on Buffalo Linkstation

Beac
2008-03-22, 14:22
Hello All,

I have successfully accessed my Buffalo Linkstation Live (HS-DHxxxGL) with v2.10 stock firmware (using ACP_Commander to enable telent)[from NAS-Central]. I did not install the addons that are discussed with the ACP_Commander distribution, I just enabled telnet. The HS-DHxGL has the ARM9 processor. I installed Slimserver based on the Linkstation install instructions attributed to Marc Field from ~2005 found through links in the Slim Wiki.

I started with SlimServer_v6.5.4.tar.gz and also squeezecenter-7.0.tgz distributions.

When running the slimserver startup, some modules were not found (Config_heavy.pm and autosplit.ix), so I copied them into the @INC path. Now, I get the following error when I start Slimserver:

Quote:
root@HS-DHGLF8E:/mnt/slimserver# ./slimserver.pl --daemon --prefsfile /mnt/slimserver.prefs --cachedir /mnt/slimdata
The following modules failed to load: Time::HiRes DBD::mysql DBI XML::Parser::Expat HTML::Parser Compress::Zlib Digest::SHA1 YAML::Syck

To download and compile them, please run: /mnt/slimserver/Bin/build-perl-modules.pl Time::HiRes DBD::mysql DBI XML::Parser::Expat HTML::Parser Compress::Zlib Digest::SHA1 YAML::Syck

Exiting..
root@HS-DHGLF8E:/mnt/slimserver#

Endquote

I get esentially the same message with Slimserver_v6.5.4 or SqueezeCenter-7.0-17793.

It appears that all of these modules (with the .pm extension) are in the slimserver distribution, but apparently they are not where they are expected to be in the file structure.

If I run the module builder, it asks for a target folder, which I don't know what it's supposed to be.

Can anyone point me in the proper direction to get these modules to load, with information as to where they need to be placed in the files structure starting from the folder containing "slimserver.pl" or from "/"?

Or perhaps I'm completely off base and need more information? I'm a complete perl novice, and pretty much a linux lightweight, although not completely out of it at the command line.

Thanks for all the contributions and info already posted.