PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Remotes (For Duet Setup)

creeksox
2008-03-22, 08:10
I just received my Duet yesterday. First let me state I have been a happy slimp3 user for the past 5.5 years - Its still works and will now be serving up music in my office.

As for the Duet...and all I can say is OMG....took about 30 minutes to get up and running (mainly me refusing to read manual). It sleek, has most of the features I was dreaming of...everybody in the family wants to hold it :) Been running great so far - I absolutely love it. Been using sound effects to drive the dogs crazy :) Enough...I'm sure you all love yours too!

My questions

1) I assume that I can buy separate remotes with one main box? I'd like to leave one remote on all three levels of my house and one in workshop. I couldn't find way to order just remote on web site???

2) I want the screen to blank out when I put remote in charging station. It seems to stay on the screen saver...unless of course I turn it off. What am I missing?

3) Okay again - where can I buy the slim devices tee shirts. Do I need to start a web site to sell them - somebody call logitech :)

funkstar
2008-03-22, 09:23
1) I assume that I can buy separate remotes with one main box? I'd like to leave one remote on all three levels of my house and one in workshop. I couldn't find way to order just remote on web site???
Both the Controller and the Reciever will eventually be available seperately, but that will be once they have enough Duet packages in the supply chain.

Although unless their policy has changed, the Duet will be a lot easier to come by than the two devices seperatley.

Mark Lanctot
2008-03-28, 08:12
2) I want the screen to blank out when I put remote in charging station. It seems to stay on the screen saver...unless of course I turn it off. What am I missing?

I believe this is a setting in Advanced Settings - Screen - Screensavers if I recall correctly.

It was added at some point, so make sure you have the latest firmware version.

radish
2008-03-28, 08:39

There's a "dim screen when charging" option somewhere...don't have one to hand to check right now, sorry!