PDA

View Full Version : Search in squeezecenter 7.0

Heronimos
2008-03-22, 01:59
As of last week I installed SC7.

In the old version if you did a quick search the server alsof found artists and albums with the search word in its name of title.

SC7 only finds tracks and no albums of artists. Is this by design. Or did I make a wrong setting somewhere?

And if by design, is there somewhere a plugin to change this on the webinterface of te server (not on the SB3, I always use my laptop to operate te SB)

slimpy
2008-03-22, 18:15
If I use the search function in 7.0 (default and fishbone skin) it finds artists, albums and songs (if there are matching entries in the database, of course).
Maybe you need to set the "Search Within Words" setting in Server settings - Music library to "Search Within Words" instead of "Search Beginning of Words"?

-s.

JJZolx
2008-03-22, 19:16
In the old version if you did a quick search the server alsof found artists and albums with the search word in its name of title.

SC7 only finds tracks and no albums of artists. Is this by design. Or did I make a wrong setting somewhere?

No, the basic search should still find artists, albums and tracks. I think it now also searches genres in SC7.

In the Settings, under Music Library, you may have had the option Search Within Words set to Search Within Words on the old server. Perhaps the setting didn't migrate properly (I believe Search Beginning of Words is the default setting).