PDA

View Full Version : Problems with 7.0

Steven Moore
2008-03-21, 06:28
I Installed 7.0 on my mac last week, the install process was not great. The server would not start so I ended up on these good forums and found that I needed to delete the cache, not a great start. The installer needs improvement guys.
The server started and I like the new look, I re-scanned the whole library of around 6000 tracks in Apple lossless. I have been using the server for around a week now and I am getting freezes. The music stops the display freezes and once the squeezebox actually crashed. I had to unplug the box to get it working again. This is the first time it's happened in the 4 or 5 years that I've had it. With 6.4 I would get some freezes in the music but very rarely/1 mth and no display freezes.
So anyone else seen this behaviour?

Imac g4, sb 1 firmware 40, SqueezeCenter Version: 7.0 - 17793 - Mac OS X 10.4.11 (8S165) - EN - utf8, wired.

avta
2008-03-21, 07:10
Steve:
Try running a comprehensive utility such as Onyx if you haven't done so already. You can download it free from the Version Tracker or Cnet sites. After you get through the first two tests choose Automation. It will clean and verify lots of functions. I've had the same problem on and off without being able to pin down the problem. I use a Mac Mini OSX 10.4.11 with a Squeezebox 2.