PDA

View Full Version : Remove 'Favorites'?

srcshelton
2008-03-19, 17:39
I've just upgraded to SqueezeCenter 7.0 from Slimserver 6.5.4 - I now seem to have two favourites, one of which is totally blank... but I can't see any way to remove them!

Am I missing something obvious here? I can edit a favourite, but can't seem to remove it...

P.S. Any chance of an English localisation? "Favourite" has a "u", "Centre" is spelt without an "er" (which makes the product name a potentially dubious choice ;), etc.

peterw
2008-03-19, 18:30
Am I missing something obvious here? I can edit a favourite, but can't seem to remove it...

In the default skin, on the Home page, click the Edit icon on the same line as the word Favorites. On the next page, you should see an X icon in line with each item.

P.S. Any chance of an English localisation? "Favourite" has a "u", "Centre" is spelt without an "er" (which makes the product name a potentially dubious choice ;), etc.

You can edit the strings file yourself now, and there's an open enhancement request you might want to look at: http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4828

srcshelton
2008-03-19, 19:50
In the default skin, on the Home page, click the Edit icon on the same line as the word Favorites. On the next page, you should see an X icon in line with each item.

Hmm - odd... if I look where you're saying, there is an inset 'edit' icon, but no delete icon.

However, if I click on the empty space which is causing the 'edit' icon to be inset, then it does change the text on the left to 'Insert deleted [<original favourite name>]'. Now there's not even an edit icon, but clicking in the empty space to the right a second time removes the item entirely.

Except for the invisible icon, it this the intended behaviour?

Very strange... I'll investigate further...

danco
2008-03-20, 01:00
The "insert deleted" is intended.

Among other things, one can go to a different subfolder of Favorites and insert that deleted item into the subfolder.

It's a neat way of moving things between subfolders, though I prefer actual editing of the favorites.opml file.