PDA

View Full Version : How Add to Playlist?

JSharp
2008-03-19, 16:14
This is going to be embarrassing, I'm sure. Using SqueezeCenter 7.0 on Windows XP. Listened to a song, clicked Save and gave a title to the new Playlist, and successfully added the first song to the new playlist. Then found another song, but couldn't figure out how to add it to the newly started playlist. Clicking Save in the lower right corner of the right window just seems to start a new playlist. Clicking Add in the playlist on the left window opens a box, but do I type in the path to the song?

Just can't quite figure out how to add a second song to a playlist.

John

Khuli
2008-03-20, 02:08
No need to keep saving the playlist until you have everything you want in it (although you can if you like).

The active playlist is the list of songs in the righthand pane. Find the songs you want and click '+' to add them to the list. You can then save the whole playlist at once.

If you press 'Play' when you listen to a song, it will overwrite the whole current playlist with that one song - I suspect this may be what is happening to you.

slimpy
2008-03-20, 03:10
If you want to add additional songs to an existing playlist you need to load the playlist you want to add to into the right hand pane (the current playlist of a player).
Then add the additional songs to the playlist (click '+').
When your'e done adding songs save the playlist (icon on bottom right). The playlist and playlist name show up in the left pane.
Click the save button. SC will notify you that the playlist already exists. Check the overwrite checkbox and click save again.

-s.

JSharp
2008-03-20, 15:08
Thanks. I was missing the idea. Is there any way to be able to preview a song (to make sure it's the right one) and then immediately add it to the playlist?

JSharp
2008-03-20, 15:38
Answering my own question, I understand now. I can add a song to the playlist and then play it for preview purposes. If I want to keep it, click save. If it's not the song I wanted, delete it from the playlist.