PDA

View Full Version : Duet and Harmony One

zozo123
2008-03-18, 07:07
Anyone use the Hamoney One universal remote in replace of the Duet Controller? How well does it work? Does the LCD screen still display the album art?

radish
2008-03-18, 07:48
The Harmony One is just an IR universal remote, it doesn't replace the SBC and doesn't show cover art.

damager
2008-03-18, 11:30
Totally different animal - apples and oranges. Neither one can do what the other does.

Ur[s]uS
2008-03-21, 04:26
Totally different animal - apples and oranges. Neither one can do what the other does.

agreed, very different, but they can both control the SB1/SB2/SB3 (Harmony One cannot control the SBR, it has no IR receiver)

Otherwise:

H/One (and other Universal Remotes) acts pretty much like the old remote - no album art, artist list on display.

SBC not control HiFi, HTPC or other devices, just your SB1/SB2/SB3/SBR - it shows album art, artist list etc - more correctly, SBC cannot control other devices, except where there is an SB2/3 configured to emit IR through an IR-blaster, e.g., that is connected to the stereo (to turn on and change input and volume etc.).

Zaragon
2008-03-21, 11:18
uS;282001']agreed, very different, but they can both control the SB1/SB2/SB3/SBR

H/One (and other Universal Remotes) acts pretty much like the old remote - no album art, artist list on display.

SBC not control HiFi, HTPC or other devices, just your SB1/SB2/SB3/SBR - it shows album art, artist list etc

Not quite true. The Harmony cannot directly control a receiver (SBR) as the SBR doesn't have an infrared receiver. You would need to use something like a shadow plug-in on another SB to do it.

Also to avoid confusion. If you have IR-Blaster configured on an SB2/3 then it will continue to work if you use an SBC to control the SB.

Ur[s]uS
2008-03-22, 03:31
Not quite true. The Harmony cannot directly control a receiver (SBR) as the SBR doesn't have an infrared receiver. You would need to use something like a shadow plug-in on another SB to do it.

Also to avoid confusion. If you have IR-Blaster configured on an SB2/3 then it will continue to work if you use an SBC to control the SB.

Of course. No display meaning no function for old-style remote (or universal remotes). Thanks for the correction.

Out of the box:

H/ One can control SB1/2/3, but not SBC.
SBC can control SB1/2/3/R.

SBC cannot control other devices, except where there is an SB2/3 configured to emit IR through an IR-blaster that is connected to the stereo (to turn on and change input and volume etc.).

Acidex
2008-03-28, 14:02
Would there be a Harmony Universal with the capabilities of the Duet Remote. Same company only one control, makes sense to me. I guess it would be a matter of number of Slim owners to make commercial sense.

radish
2008-03-28, 14:11
It's been discussed in the past but nothing has been announced :)

gweempose
2008-03-28, 22:02
Would there be a Harmony Universal with the capabilities of the Duet Remote.I'd say it's pretty much inevitable. From a business standpoint, it would be very smart for Logitech to come out with such a product. I'm sure a lot of people who are fans of Prontos and other competing universal remotes could easily be persuaded to go with a Harmony/SBC combo instead. I know I would. After all, isn't the whole purpose of a universal remote to eliminate all your other remotes?