PDA

View Full Version : anyone have SoftSqueeze running across the internet?

pski
2008-03-17, 18:07
My config shows the music playing (in SC, but not on SoftSqueeze,) but no sound.

I've tried slowing the connection and etc. and I can stream to Winamp.

Any help would be appreciated...

P

pichonCalavera
2008-03-18, 11:30
I\'ve used SoftSqueeze to listen to music on my Squeezecenter back home across the Internet.

The main bottleneck for me was the upload speed on my Internet connection where SqueezeCenter is located, since I can only get like 128 Kbps upload speed reliabily (even if I have 1500 Kbps download speed).

In order for this to work I had to lower the quality of streaming to 64Kbps (or 80Kbps by doing some source code tweaking on Squeezecenter), and since the default Squeezecenter interface is \'slow for Internet use\', I use the classic skin interface to browse from the internet.

What Sofsqueeze version are you using?, I think I had problems too with versions before 3.6, you should use the one that comes with Squeezecenter.

slimkid
2008-03-18, 11:42
My config shows the music playing (in SC, but not on SoftSqueeze,) but no sound.

I've tried slowing the connection and etc. and I can stream to Winamp.

Any help would be appreciated...

P

- Make sure ports and protocols are opened: 9000 and 3483, TCP & UPN. If you can stream to winamp and not to softsqueeze, than it's almost certain that 3483 is a problem.

Also, try appplet version of softsqueeze.

K

pski
2008-03-18, 17:20
- Make sure ports and protocols are opened: 9000 and 3483, TCP & UPN. If you can stream to winamp and not to softsqueeze, than it's almost certain that 3483 is a problem.

Also, try appplet version of softsqueeze.

K

I'm pretty sure the ports are OK.. the SS player shows the song that should be playing, but no progress. I've tried turning the speed to 64K on that player (as well as setting the Lame quality to "stinks..."

Both TCP and UDP ports are forwarded to the server's 3483...

I'm not sure what you mean by the "Applet" version of SS.. could you send a linK?

Thanks for your help .

pski
2008-03-18, 17:23
I\'ve used SoftSqueeze to listen to music on my Squeezecenter back home across the Internet.

The main bottleneck for me was the upload speed on my Internet connection where SqueezeCenter is located, since I can only get like 128 Kbps upload speed reliabily (even if I have 1500 Kbps download speed).

In order for this to work I had to lower the quality of streaming to 64Kbps (or 80Kbps by doing some source code tweaking on Squeezecenter), and since the default Squeezecenter interface is \'slow for Internet use\', I use the classic skin interface to browse from the internet.

What Sofsqueeze version are you using?, I think I had problems too with versions before 3.6, you should use the one that comes with Squeezecenter.

Thanks for the tip. I have 6mbps ADSL and have no trouble sustaining about 450Kbps (as reported by my SlingPlayer...)

It seems that even at slow speeds, the player is not syncing with the server... see above.

Thanks so much for your time.

pski
2008-03-18, 17:31
Oh, my SoftSqueeze jar is dated 10.15.7

pski
2008-03-18, 18:52
The solution was that the SoftSqueeze app is still streaming on port 9000.

I Had Ports Redirected In My Modem Because "Base" ports for Applications Result In Hacking....

Anyway, it's playing like a charm now.

Pski

slimkid
2008-03-18, 20:07
The solution was that the SoftSqueeze app is still streaming on port 9000.

I Had Ports Redirected In My Modem Because "Base" ports for Applications Result In Hacking....

Anyway, it's playing like a charm now.

Pski

:) :)

Didn't want to point it out in writing, but now ...

Looks like there's a bug in softsqueeze, and ports can't be forwarded.

K

pski
2008-03-18, 20:15
:) :)

Didn't want to point it out in writing, but now ...

Looks like there's a bug in softsqueeze, and ports can't be forwarded.

K

Kudo's.

That would not be an issue if the player dialog didn't present another port option... apparently the alternate port is used for control (normal for a UDP port and results in the player showing the correct selection,) but the goodies still come down the "server" port which seems "HARD CODED."

Of course, I could be using a skin that doesn't have the option to change the "goodie" port. Please let us know...

No issue now that I'm on base ports (until a hack bypasses the user/password prompt...)

Sanks You Every One.