PDA

View Full Version : SB 3 shuts off

thesil
2008-03-17, 12:27
I have had my sb3 for almost 2 years. All of a sudden, when I go on my mac, it says that my player is not found. I have to go and turn it on manually. sometimes , I have to press the remote repeatedly before it wakes up. What is going on? Any suggestions?
thanks

Anne
2008-03-17, 13:01
I have had my sb3 for almost 2 years. All of a sudden, when I go on my mac, it says that my player is not found. I have to go and turn it on manually. sometimes , I have to press the remote repeatedly before it wakes up. What is going on? Any suggestions?
thanks

I think maybe your router needs a checkup. Run the Network Health in SlimServer and see what it says.
I had that problem in the beginning also, but I cant remember the fix! Try and update the firmware.
Not sure if this is similar : http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=35054&highlight=SB3+shuts

danco
2008-03-17, 17:32
Maybe a fault has suddenly developed somewhere.

Maybe you have made some changes you haven't mentioned.

My experience is that this happens from time to time after my computer wakes from sleep.

And is solved immediately by pressing and holding Power, pressing UP (to move from "Setup Networking" to "Connect to Server") and pressing Right, when the SB goes through the connection process and ends up connected.

thesil
2008-03-18, 06:45
There is a network health in Slim Server? Where?

haunyack
2008-03-18, 07:04
thanks

What SS/SC release version are you running?

thesil
2008-03-18, 07:15
SS Version 6.5.4 firmware is 81

Anne
2008-03-18, 15:31
There is a network health in Slim Server? Where?

Well, when having the front page of SlimServer open its right there in front of you on the left side as a choice.. Just click on it.
Once it opens you will see statistics of various kinds, responsivenes etc etc, and you can click on a streaming test that goes up to 5000 kbps to see how effective your wireless connection is.