PDA

View Full Version : Song Repeat Behavoir in Playlists

mikerasmussen
2008-03-16, 18:10
I have the Duet and LOVE it. One gripe I have. I don't think that the song repeat works as it should when viewing playlists with Rhapsody:

When I go to my rhapsody playlists, and select a playlist to play, if I play the entire list, it works fine, the songs repeat and I can skip forward to the next track whenever I want.

HOWEVER if I go to the playlist then select a SPECIFIC track to play it repeats that track over and over again.

I would think that it would be an obvious usuablity scenario to want to play a playlist but START at a specific song, or when in the middle of a playlist want to skip forward to a specific song.

If this is by design PLEASE change it, If I want to play a track over and over again, I will browse to that track through the album or artist NOT through a playlist.

Otherwise, is there some setting that I am missing here?

Thanks for your help.

mherger
2008-03-17, 00:01
> HOWEVER if I go to the playlist then select a SPECIFIC track to play it
> repeats that track over and over again.

Is this the same as http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=44851 ?

Michael

mikerasmussen
2008-03-19, 09:26
No this is not the same as the other thread. I am saying that if you select a song to play when browsing to a playlist, it should then move on to the NEXT song in the playlist once that song is done playing. Even if I pus the play button to play the song in the playlist, it repeats that song over and over again.

I am suggesting that should not be the case. If I have browsed to a playlist, it should continue playing THAT playlist, not the song that I wanted it to start with. Currently, the only way I can get it to repeat ALL of the songs of the playlist is to hit play at the playlist title, not hit play on any individual song in the playlist.

Maybe I am missing a setting or something?

slimpy
2008-03-20, 02:35
No this is not the same as the other thread. I am saying that if you select a song to play when browsing to a playlist, it should then move on to the NEXT song in the playlist once that song is done playing. Even if I pus the play button to play the song in the playlist, it repeats that song over and over again.

I am suggesting that should not be the case. If I have browsed to a playlist, it should continue playing THAT playlist, not the song that I wanted it to start with. Currently, the only way I can get it to repeat ALL of the songs of the playlist is to hit play at the playlist title, not hit play on any individual song in the playlist.

Maybe I am missing a setting or something?
That's how it works by design.
Whatever item you hit play on will replace the current playlist.
If it's a playlist it will play the whole playlist, if it's a single track it will only play the one track.
The only exception to this behaviour is the current playlist (Now playing). If you hit play on a track in that list (and NOT in track details) it will start to play that track without replacing the current playlist.

Your intended behaviour seems related to this (http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=5981) bug/enhancement request.
You may want to add a new enhancement request at http://bugs.slimdevices.com

-s.

mikerasmussen
2008-03-22, 09:08
That still just seems silly. I am sure I am not the only one who wants to be able to skip ahead to a CERTAIN song in a playlist, or to START the playlist at a certain song. I have set "repeat" to playlist is the options. Would it work with different settings?

Other thing, when I play a playlist, then go to "now playing" it only shows the CURRENT track that is playing, I can't browse the playlist I have just selected to play.

I cannot beleive that with Rhapsody, the ONLY way to listen to playlists is to have it start at the beginning, and play all the way throw (or start random and play all the way through randomly).

There has to be a way to start at a specific song, or skip forward to a specific song. Otherwise why pay for the super snazzy very visual remote?

BTW, the behavior I am seeking is what happens in Rhapsody, the iPod, and any other MP3 player I have owned. Shouldn't be so different with the squeezebox as far as I am concerned...

slimpy
2008-03-22, 17:58
Other thing, when I play a playlist, then go to "now playing" it only shows the CURRENT track that is playing, I can't browse the playlist I have just selected to play.

Yes you can.
Press the center button on the now playing screen (not the now playing screensaver) to switch from the current song to the playlist.

-s.