PDA

View Full Version : Problem with SB3 after Upgrade to 7.0

tday01
2008-03-16, 11:50
I just upgraded to squeezecenter 7.0.0. This forced a firmware upgrade on the SB3. Now SB3 won't connect (wirelessly) to either the squuezenetwork or the server.

I am running on mac OSX.5.2. The only slightly unusual thing is that the wireless network I am using to connect to Squeezecenter is a subnetwork of my Time capsule (because SB3 currently won't speak to SB3).

Now the key point is that this set-up was working just fine with Slimserver 6.5.4. After the upgrade to 7.0.0, it won't connect to squeezenetwork or squeezecenter. There have been no changes in any network settings.

Is there anything I need to set up in 7.0.0 or any legacy files i need to remove or any other suggestions?

Much appreciated.

Tony

SuperQ
2008-03-16, 12:43
You could try doing a factory reset of the SB3 to reset it's wifi card settings.

Unplug it, press and hold Add(+) while you plug it in.

IRJ
2008-03-16, 14:20
I don't have that problem after the upgrade to 7.0.

Rather my usually WiFi Handcontroller is a PSP and it tells me it doesn't have enough memory to run the new composite page.
AHHHHHH

JJZolx
2008-03-16, 14:59
I don't have that problem after the upgrade to 7.0.

Rather my usually WiFi Handcontroller is a PSP and it tells me it doesn't have enough memory to run the new composite page.
AHHHHHH

Composite page? Do you mean the new Default skin? Try using the old skin, now called "Classic". It's been changed a little (maybe not so Classic) to add some Ajax style interaction, but otherwise is the same as it was in SlimServer 6.5. Use a URL formed like:

http://my_server_ip_address:9000/Classic

IRJ
2008-03-16, 17:57
Neat. Thanks

Drewcorp
2008-03-16, 18:42
Today I upgraded to SqueezeCenter 7 and have a problem where the songs play in a broken manner, whether I play from my Squeezebox or if I play from within SC. I hit the play button and notice the elabsed time of the song is very jittery and sometime even goes jumps back.

Some facts:

1. I had Slimserver running before without any issue
2. My Squeezebox (v3 FW86) is connected with a wire
3. I play .flac files (mostly)
4. My music library is on the same computer as SC7, but a different hard drive
5. My pc is a Windows XP

Thanks in advance for your help.

tday01
2008-03-16, 20:09
After resetting everything and going out for a drink, everything connected at some level: SB3, duet, new controller. I still had to manually tell duet controller the IP address of squeezecenter and tweak a few more settings, but everything seems to be working.

Now if only I could get Alien BBC working again :(

Tony

rbryant
2008-03-17, 00:52
I upgraded too and all seems fine except I have lost Alien BBC - anyone know where to get it, I can't remember

Cry Havok
2008-03-17, 06:06
The the "Plugins" option in the "Community" tab above - 2 items to the right of the currently active "Forums" ;)

silverarrows
2008-03-17, 09:10
Can you tell me what other tweaks you made? I've been stuck after I was forced to make the upgrade. SqueezeNetwork is fine but can't connect to SqueezeCenter, even after doing a factory reset on my SB3 and entering the IP & MAC addresses for the server as well.