PDA

View Full Version : SqueezeCenter issues

Maxwell
2008-03-16, 10:23
I just recently "upgraded" from SlimServer to SqueezeCenter 7.0 and it has been nothing but problems for me. I am running OSX 10.4.11 and my Squeezebox was connected to my music library just fine before the "upgrade". Now that I have SqueezeCenter installed I can connect to SqueezeNetwork fine (i.e. streaming Internet Radio) but I when trying to connect to my computer I get a message that SqueezeCenter cannot see my Squeezebox. Any suggestions would be awesome... I have tried reconfiguring my wireless network, I have no firewall or antivirus software impeding anything. I am just at a loss.

Please HELP!!!

Ben Sandee
2008-03-16, 11:37
On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Maxwell <
Maxwell.36dlfn1205688301 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

>
> I just recently "upgraded" from SlimServer to SqueezeCenter 7.0 and it
> has been nothing but problems for me

That's funny, I think I get it. You use "upgraded" in quotes because you
think it was actually not an upgrade in functionality. Pretty clever!

Sorry, I don't have any advice for your problem but great job with the
humor.

Ben

Zaragon
2008-03-16, 11:54
This may need some clarification of what you are trying to do. If I can paraphrase let me see if I have this correct.

You had a version prior to SC7 installed and working OK.

You installed SC7 and using your SB remote connected the SB to the SqueezeNETWORK ie not your local server. You can play internet streaming by using the SB remote or a browser connected to the SqueezeNETWORK.

If you direct your browser at the local SC you don't see the SB listed in the player list.

Is this correct?

If so, with the SB connected to SqueezeNetwork it isn't connected to the local SC so it won't be seen by the local SC in a browser window. Use the SB remote to change the SB back to local SqueezeCentre.

If you correctly entered your SqueezeNetwork identity in your local SqueezeCentre then on the player selection dropdown it should list your player as connected to SqueezeCenter, selecting it sends a message to SqueezeNetwork to tell your player to reconnect to the SqueezeCentre. If you don't see that then there may be a problem with your SqueezeCentre accessing SqueezeNetwork.

bpa
2008-03-16, 11:57
This may be the 7.0 bug if your player has no name.

Has your player got a name ? if not then give it a name and see if it fixes the problem/

Maxwell
2008-03-16, 12:17
I have my Squeezebox named, that is not the issue. The issue is when I try to connect to the SqueezeCenter through the Squeezebox it says it is connecting then gives me a black screen with no interface at all. And when I try to manage my Squeezebox through my browser it says that there is no device found. Thanks for the note on my humor... I really think that this was meant to be a usable upgrade, however I think I may just have some settings askew. I still have an email out to SlimDevices support, but any further suggestions would be well received.

Zaragon
2008-03-16, 14:56
I can't comment on upgrade for OS X since mine is on Windows and that went fine.

Ok how about some basic faulting to start with. The SB would appear to have an IP address and able to communicate with the Internet since you have had it talking to the SqueezeNetwork.

It has gone blank when trying to connect to your server which as you know means it can't communicate with it.

Have you tried to ping the SB address from the OS X machine. It should work. If not then there is a network or firewall issue.

If it does work then there is a configuration problem with SC or something is blocking the ports it wants to use. As you say you have no firewall or antivirus then this would point to SC not being correctly configured. In which case I'd suggest you completely un-install it (keep a copy of the server preferences if you have a complicated setup) and then reinstall it. If it then works you can re-enter the preferences.

The only SC settings I can think would get in the way would be the Webserver port in Network settings and entries in the security settings such as allowed IP addresses if you are blocking.

CardinalFang
2008-03-17, 00:22
I just recently "upgraded" from SlimServer to SqueezeCenter 7.0 and it has been nothing but problems for me. I am running OSX 10.4.11 and my Squeezebox was connected to my music library just fine before the "upgrade".

I'm on 10.3.9 and got it running some months ago with the nightlies. The only thing I seem to remember needed doing was making sure that the SB itself had the latest firmware, so have you performed an update of the Squeezebox firmware as well so everything is up to date?

silverarrows
2008-03-17, 09:16
I've had a similar problem. My SB3 can't connect. Usually it can't find the SB3 but one time my hopes were lifted when the SB3 appeared in the drop down menu and gave the option to switch over from SqueezeNetwork, only for it to not work.