PDA

View Full Version : Old SB3 firmware versions?

DanielTheGreat
2008-03-16, 00:34
I'm not in this situation just now, but I can foresee the day when an SB3 firmware update 'breaks' some feature that I use. When that day arrives I'll want to reinstall the previously-working firmware version, until such time as the broken feature is fixed.

But where are the old firmware versions available from, and how would I install one??

Daniel

mherger
2008-03-16, 00:42
> But where are the old firmware versions available from, and how would I
> install one??

They're in the old SC builds. Downgrade and you're done.

Michael

haunyack
2008-03-16, 00:55
> But where are the old firmware versions available from, and how would I
> install one??

They're in the old SC builds. Downgrade and you're done.

Michael

Or, download the .zip of the particular SS,SC release and save the firmware folder to a separate location.
Be advised of non-backward compatibilty when using obsolete firmware.

bhaagensen
2008-03-16, 03:09
I'm not in this situation just now, but I can foresee the day when an SB3 firmware update 'breaks' some feature that I use. When that day arrives I'll want to reinstall the previously-working firmware version, until such time as the broken feature is fixed.

But where are the old firmware versions available from, and how would I install one??

Or just keep a copy of an older version of SqueezeCenter (which includes the firmware) and make sure the copy is of a known working version.

DanielTheGreat
2008-03-19, 04:19
Thanks guys, now I understand. I didn't realise the firmware updates were done from my local server, having assumed they were downloaded 'live' from the SD website. And yes, I understand the potential lack of backward compatibility.

I'm a bit of a hoarder, and s/w downloads tend to stay on my HDD for years after I've installed them, so as long as I have a working version there, "she'll be right, mate!"

Daniel
Gerroa, Australia