PDA

View Full Version : Controller software updates

JHC
2008-03-13, 22:16
I was going to ask yesterday about how we would know when software updates became available for the controller and today when I got home, I got the question answered before I could ask.

When I went to pick up the controller tonight there was a notification on the controller prompting me to perform an upgrade so I assume SC7 picks up new updates automatically.

The next questions is how do we know what changed? Is there a log of updates somewhere? Apologies if the answer is obvious...

Jonathan

Echo
2008-03-13, 22:33
I think your update notice may have been triggered because you installed erland's plug-in.

haunyack
2008-03-13, 22:40
so I assume SC7 picks up new updates automatically
Jonathan

In SC7 settings page the "Advanced\Software Updates\ tab allows you the the option of automatic updates or not.

erland
2008-03-13, 22:55
I think your update notice may have been triggered because you installed erland's plug-in.
The plugin has nothing to do with Controller software updates, but you probably restarted SqueezeCenter when you installed the plugin and that might have triggered download of new Controller firmware.

Echo
2008-03-13, 23:06
The plugin has nothing to do with Controller software updates, but you probably restarted SqueezeCenter when you installed the plugin and that might have triggered download of new Controller firmware.

That's what I meant to say but I wasn't clear enough - thanks for the clarification.

erland
2008-03-13, 23:31
This is probably the reason:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=44704

ptrainer
2008-03-13, 23:38
The next questions is how do we know what changed? Is there a log of updates somewhere? Apologies if the answer is obvious...

Jonathan

I haven't found a log for changes yet. Anyone else?

The changes I've noticed after updates were...

-the remote's buttons light up (that didn't work out of the box!?)
-when you're in 'Now Playing' and scroll to a new song and press play, it skips to the song rather than clearing the songs and having that song be the only one in the playlist
-when you view a track a tiny thumbnail of the cover art appears to the left of the track title

Anyone notice other changes?

Jeff Flowerday
2008-03-14, 10:09
A list of changes in a sticky thread here or on the website someplace else would be nice.

Jeff