PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Duet Controllers?

alg42
2008-03-13, 14:19
My current setup includes 2 duet controllers & 2 receivers, with squeezecenter 7 running on an HP MediaSmart Server (WHS).

Is anyone else using multiple duet controllers?

I seem to have some sporadic synchronization issues, such as the 2 receivers swapping identities. For instance, out of the blue, when I selected turn off room 1, room 2 went off, and vice versa.

If I ever figure out a repeatble scenario, I'll post more details, but I haven't been able to characterize the situation yet. I don't seem to have any trouble with one of the controllers disabled (battery out).

Thanks for any advice,
Alan

mvalera
2008-03-13, 14:44
I've run multiples with no problems.

Did you sync the players together?

radish
2008-03-13, 14:44
I do have multiple controllers and a number of players and haven't seen anything like that which wasn't human error :) I did go through changing all the background images for each player so I have a better idea which is which. If you do find any repeatable pattern go ahead and file a bug report.

SuperQ
2008-03-13, 16:26
I do have multiple controllers and a number of players and haven't seen anything like that which wasn't human error :) I did go through changing all the background images for each player so I have a better idea which is which. If you do find any repeatable pattern go ahead and file a bug report.

Background image for the player on the controller's display? Oh, that's a great idea. That should be a feature on SqueezeCenter too. My girlfriend constantly forgets to check which squeezebox she's controlling via the web interface. Setting a background image/color in the right-hand pane of the SqueezeCenter interface might help with that.

alg42
2008-03-13, 17:27
I realized that I still was running one of the later beta versions of squeeze center, so I upgraded, reset everything, and all appears to be well at this time.

Knock on wood, maybe that was the issue, or maybe unrepeatable cockpit error.