PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: used slimp3

exile
2008-03-13, 12:57
hey all-

I would love to add a second squeezebox to my home but my needs for the second sb are much simpler than for my main sb2. I think a slimp3 will fit the bill perfectly. the question then is: where can I find one? Does anyone have a need or desire to sell an old slimp3?

thanks!

SuperQ
2008-03-13, 14:51
Check ebay, you can find slimp3 and squeezebox1 from time to time.

The slimp3 is nearing collectors item status, so it may be cheaper to find a squeezebox 1. There's one right now going for $100

radish
2008-03-13, 14:54
I have an SB1G I'm not using, feel free to PM me an offer.

Pale Blue Ego
2008-03-13, 20:09
The SliMP3 is definitely a classic. More than any of the other models, that one will remain a collectors item. Grab one off eBay while you can!

exile
2008-03-13, 20:17
thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I think I've lined up a slimp3 from a local seller. i look forward to experiencing the one that started it all.

haunyack
2008-03-13, 20:23
... the one that started it all.

Not really, but it's a good start.

Mitch Harding
2008-03-13, 21:12
There was an earlier SD model?

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 10:23 PM, haunyack <
haunyack.368t7n1205465101 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

>
> exile;279444 Wrote:
> > ... the one that started it all.
>
> Not really, but it's a good start.
>
> .
>
>
> --
> haunyack
>
> Transporter -> B&K 200.2 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature
> C.G. Conn New York Wonder
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> haunyack's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=9721
> View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=44699
>
>

haunyack
2008-03-13, 21:20
There was an earlier SD model?

Of course not, I refer to earlier (albeit sloppier) attempts at home digital music servers.
I don't suppose mention of them is appropriate in the Logitech Streaming Media Systems (whew!) forum.

ptrainer
2008-03-13, 23:11
I purchased my Slimp3 (which I still use) 6 years ago. I bought it to replace my Turtle Beach Audiotron (remember those?) which was a royal pain to use (but very, very cool back in late 2000!) I was lucky and sold that unit on eBay for the same amount I bought it for. The arrival of Slimp3 was my excuse to get rid of the Audiotron since after going the route of using a home Digital Music Server I just couldn't handle going back to playing CDs exclusively :-)

By the way, I still think the Slimp3 is the coolest looking compared to all generations of the Squeezebox. Anyone else agree?

haunyack
2008-03-13, 23:16
I purchased my Slimp3 (which I still use) 6 years ago. I bought it to replace my Turtle Beach Audiotron (remember those?) which was a royal pain to use (but very, very cool back in late 2000!) I was lucky and sold that unit on eBay for the same amount I bought it for. The arrival of Slimp3 was my excuse to get rid of the Audiotron since after going the route of using a home Digital Music Server I just couldn't handle going back to playing CDs exclusively :-)

By the way, I still think the Slimp3 is the coolest looking compared to all generations of the Squeezebox. Anyone else agree?

My first digital server was embedded (still is) in my AV receiver Onkyo TX NR801 7.1 - the server interface is clunky at best, sound is superb as it contains a DAC for each channel.
I suppose the jitter is off the chart, but I don't hear it. (10 year jet mechanic, I disdained mickey mouse ears at the time, now I long for a second chance)

It was precisely this unit that led me to the now defunct Slim Devices.
I read up on the Slimp3 and it's interface and that, in itself, sold me.
I've not played a track on my Onkyo since the arrival of my 1st SB3.
I was ready to buy when the SB2 ruled but heard a "new" version was soon to be released.
I waited 1 1/2 years for that to happen.
Typical of SD to keep one at the edge of his chair.
I still think the fat face of my SB3 is most cool.

peter
2008-03-14, 01:01
ptrainer wrote:
> I purchased my Slimp3 (which I still use) 6 years ago. I bought it to
> replace my Turtle Beach Audiotron (remember those?) which was a royal
> pain to use (but very, very cool back in late 2000!) I was lucky and
> sold that unit on eBay for the same amount I bought it for. The arrival
> of Slimp3 was my excuse to get rid of the Audiotron since after going
> the route of using a home Digital Music Server I just couldn't handle
> going back to playing CDs exclusively :-)
>
> By the way, I still think the Slimp3 is the coolest looking compared to
> all generations of the Squeezebox. Anyone else agree?
>

The one without the back cover?

Regards,
Peter