PDA

View Full Version : SB Controller network update fails

Rik
2008-03-13, 07:54
I just bought a Duet with a SB Controller. Now I want to upgrade the software on the controller. When I go to setting -> controller settings -> advanced -> software update -> network update, I see a message at the lower half of the screen that an update is available. Then I press the middle button, I see "copying update" and "verifying update" shortly and then the message "there was a problem upgrading this remote. please try again or contact support".

I have SC 7.0 ("SqueezeCenter Version: 7.0 - 17793 - SUSE - EN - iso-8859-1") and the software version on the controller is:
version 1 r1425, root@padbuild #10 Sun Jan 13 11:28:59 PST 2008.

It does connect to squeezecenter, and I see "now playing" items from my squeezebox 2. I do not see any menu of the squeezebox.

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks,

Rik

Robin D
2008-05-01, 02:14
Great - After recieving a replacement duet and finally getting the f*ing thing to recognise my ethernet cable I have a READ ME which instructs me to do what Rik has been trying. I am not able to do anything without the update it would seem.

I have exactly the same problem as Rik has described and am worried to see no response to his post from over a month ago.

Can anyone help Rik or I?

Rik - have you solved the problem?

Robin

Kim.T
2008-05-01, 05:28
You could try to put the jive.bin file onto a SD card and put it into the controller.

DVB
2008-05-01, 15:47
You could change the source to SqueezeNetwork through controller's menu - it should start an update.

/DVB

Robin D
2008-05-05, 23:37
Thanks Kim/DVB - your advice helped solve the problem,

I thought I'd follow up and post my solution to my whole problem for completeness;

- Loss of connection to wireless network
- Loss of conection to music source (blue symbol)
- Jittering/stuttering of streamed music despite acceptable signal strength.
- Constant 'Software Updates' loop/failure every time I wanted to use it.
- All of the above unpredictable/at random and resolving/un resolving regardless of my input.

SqueezeCenter Version: 7.0.1 - 18284 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252

Solution:
- I needed the newest nightly build to overcome the Networking Problems
- I needed to manually load the Controller firmware using a SD card because the newest build had a software update problem
- Not clear in the instructions - I needed to do a factory reset, with the ethernet cable inserted BEFORE resettingn the controller. The Ethernet/Hybrid options were then available.

Best regards and good luck!
Robin

AnklBytr
2008-05-28, 05:12
Had the exact same issue but just pointed my remote to Squeeze network and the update worked perfectly.

Ankl

Teus de Jong
2008-05-28, 05:20
With my new SBC the upgrade also did not work. Usually, I never use SqueezeNetwork. When I looked at my account page, I saw my transporter was not connected to SqueezeNetwork (my SBC was). I connected the transporter to SN. After that, the update went well (SBC still pointing to my own music library). Weird.

Teus