PDA

View Full Version : Problem with accents with Squeezecenter 7

didbox
2008-03-13, 03:20
I installed the new Squeezecenter 7 on my Ready NAS NV+.

After a clear and full rescan, it seems that there is a problem with .mp3 files (and only with .mp3) when you have some accents (like in french language, you have many accents on letters).

Try this:
- Song with Rêve Bohème in Artist or in Album tags, you have "no artist" and "no album" and "no..." entries in the index after the rescan.
- Song with Reve Boheme in Artist or in Album tags, all is OK.

Note that I did not have this problem with Slimserver 6.5.4 and my song library has not changed since the installation of Squeezecenter 7.

As I have a lot of songs with accents in tags (more than 2000), it is really a problem and the new Squeezecenter is unusable for me.

Please, can you help?

Thank you!!!

mherger
2008-03-13, 03:44
> After a clear and full rescan, it seems that there is a problem with
> .mp3 files (and only with .mp3) when you have some accents (like in
> french language, you have many accents on letters).

Are these accents in the file names or in the tags?

--

Michael

didbox
2008-03-13, 04:01
> After a clear and full rescan, it seems that there is a problem with
> .mp3 files (and only with .mp3) when you have some accents (like in
> french language, you have many accents on letters).

Are these accents in the file names or in the tags?

--

Michael

Hello,

Accents are in file names AND tags. I tried to remove accents from file names and rescan but the problem remains. For example:

Rêve Bohème\Rêve Bohème\1-01 Song1.mp3 with album = Rêve Bohème and artist = Rêve Bohème --> Problem

Reve Boheme\Reve Boheme\1-01 Song1.mp3 with album = Rêve Bohème and artist = Rêve Bohème --> Same problem

mherger
2008-03-13, 04:31
> Accents are in file names AND tags. I tried to remove accents from file
> names and rescan but the problem remains. For example:

Could you please file a bug on http://bugs.slimdevices.com including version information etc. from your SC (Settings -> Status). Thanks!

--

Michael

Siduhe
2008-03-13, 04:39
Hello,

Accents are in file names AND tags. I tried to remove accents from file names and rescan but the problem remains.

If the problem is only with .mp3 files, check that you have removed the accents on both the ID3v1 tags and the ID3v2 tags (if you have both). A decent tagging program like Mp3Tag will show you both separately.

didbox
2008-03-13, 04:46
If the problem is only with .mp3 files, check that you have removed the accents on both the ID3v1 tags and the ID3v2 tags (if you have both). A decent tagging program like Mp3Tag will show you both separately.

I don't want to remove the accents from the tags. Like in Slimserver 6.5.4, Squeezecenter must be able to index .mp3 files with accents in tags.

Also, I think that it must be able to index correctly .mp3 files with accents in file names or folder names. Slimserver 6.5.4 do it correctly.

didbox
2008-03-21, 00:01
Hello,

I downgraded from Squeezecenter 7.0 to Slimserver 6.5.4. (on a ReadyNAS server).

But now, my SB3 firmware is still in version 86 (no automatic downgrade to version 81 after reinstalling of Slimserver 6.5.4???).

My question is:
- is SB3 firmeware version 86 compliant with Slimserver 6.5.4?
- if no, how can I downgrade the firmeware to version 81? When I force a firmeware update by holding brightness key on the remote, I have an error message "Server can't connect to the internet to obtain firmware upgrade"???