PDA

View Full Version : Transporter - outputs

Suprlite7
2008-03-13, 03:08
Can I run balanced directly to my amps and single ended to my headphone amp? I leave my Bel Canto amp running (very low draw in stand by mode) and don't want to turn them off to listen to my headphones.

haunyack
2008-03-13, 07:50
Can I run balanced directly to my amps and single ended to my headphone amp? I leave my Bel Canto amp running (very low draw in stand by mode) and don't want to turn them off to listen to my headphones.

In a word - Yes.
Happy listening!

seanadams
2008-03-13, 07:57

Yes, they have totally separate output drivers so this is fine.

SuperQ
2008-03-13, 09:53
Actually, no. The volume control in the transporter can not independently control the balanced and single-ended outputs. There is no way in the transporter to turn off the balanced output separately. Since the Ref1000 has no gain control, you would have to turn them off to switch to the headphone amplifier.

Suprlite7
2008-03-13, 09:56
If I control the volume via the Transporter what I envision happening is having to turn off my Bel Cantos in order to use my headphone amp. Or can I select the output to be the balanced output ....use the Transporter as a quasi Preamp?

Suprlite7
2008-03-13, 09:57
Thanks, SuperQ that's what I was thinking.

seanadams
2008-03-13, 10:52
Ah, I misunderstood the question. So the problem it that the amp is doing an auto-standby based on the incoming signal level?

SuperQ is correct that you can't selectively disable an output.