PDA

View Full Version : I love my Squeezebox!

Deano
2008-03-10, 17:27
Lots of posts recently about negatives, just want to express some good stuff.

I've had my SB3's for about 2 years. When I'm at home, there is always music playing. Often internet radio (Pandora or last.fm mostly) or one of my 800 albums (most of which are 320kbps MP3's).

My musical taste and knowledge has grown so much because of the variety of music available and I have spent a small fortune acquiring tracks and albums that I love.

I've built a Media Center PC, which has Vista SP1 installed. This drives my TV as well as my SB's. It goes to sleep after 25 mins and wakes up via the SB remote and has done for well over a year, flawlessly.

I'm in the UK, I use Homeplugs (Devolo), I have Klipsch iFi Speakers for the front room, Audio Engine 5's for the kitchen and Aego M's for the bedroom. My favourites are the Audio Engines because the sound clarity seems better, IMO.

I am running SC7 and have been using betas for months. My favourite plugins are: LazySearch, MusicInfoSCR, CustomBrowse & last.fm.

I love the look of the new Controller and will get one eventually, no doubt!

I'd like to say thanks. This forum is a fantastic resource. I love the product, more than any other electronic item I have ever bought.

It's certainly given me more pleasure than any other and it just keeps improving.

Keep up the good work.

D.

MrSinatra
2008-03-10, 19:43
ring a ding ding deano, we simply had to meet.

:)

Rangdo
2008-03-11, 01:08
Ditto just about all of the above.

I missed the Slimp3 model (had a Barix Exstreamer at the time) but have gone through SB1-3 and it's far and away the best piece of equipment I've purchased - both VFM and functionality-wise.

I rarely use the radio functions but the ability to have all my music on-tap, if I can't decide what I want I can randomise tracks or albums and let the thing decide for me, etc.

Magic!!

Espen
2008-03-11, 01:33
I love the look of the new Controller and will get one eventually, no doubt!

I'd like to say thanks. This forum is a fantastic resource. I love the product, more than any other electronic item I have ever bought.

It's certainly given me more pleasure than any other and it just keeps improving.

Indeed. So nice to finally ditch CDs and not have to rely on a noisy PC etc. I have two sets now, and there will be three in a short time.

Focker
2008-03-11, 13:43
I received my Duet last Friday and I've been listening to music every day in between 13 hr shifts at the hospital...it's a great way to unwind when I get home in the morning, and the best $399 I've spent in a long time!

pfarrell
2008-03-11, 13:50
Focker wrote:
> I received my Duet last Friday and I've been listening to music every
> day in between 13 hr shifts at the hospital...it's a great way to
> unwind when I get home in the morning, and the best $399 I've spent in
> a long time!

I love mine too. I've bought many, three SqueezeBoxen, a Transporter and
now a Duet.

I also love the forums 95% of the time, great people with great attitude.

I still buy CDs, but only touch them once, to rip into my SqueezeCenter.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/

Brian Ritchie
2008-03-11, 18:40
I love mine too. I've bought many, three SqueezeBoxen, a Transporter and
now a Duet.

Me too. Just one SB3, which I've had a couple of years; but I'm probably going to get a Duet soon (I really could do with a better controller, and I've been known to move the SB3 to the kitchen on occasion, so the receiver would be cheap at the price.) I'm happy enough with the sound that I'm not sure I'd really appreciate a Transporter, and a Duet *plus* a T would be just a tad extravagant! (Hmm, Transporter + controller seems reasonable though... so maybe it's not such a bad idea...) Though my old Arcam Alpha 6 seems to sound a bit better than my SB3, it's just so less convenient!

I also love the forums 95% of the time, great people with great attitude.

Fully agreed. When I get annoyed and rant about something that doesn't seem to work properly, there's usually someone who can point out where I'm going wrong!

I still buy CDs, but only touch them once, to rip into my SqueezeCenter.

Same here. Indeed, even though my CD player's still connected, my first action when I get a new CD is to rip it, even if I'm really keen to hear it *now* and could just pop it in the player.

The CD player still gets used, but usually just to sound out albums I can't remember, and am wondering whether they're worth ripping. (Very few new CDs get sounded-out this way, but then I still have some 2000+ unripped CDs, many of which I haven't felt like listening to in years anyway.) When I do use the CD player, I keep looking at the SB3's display, and am disappointed not to be able to see the details of what's playing!

-- Brian