PDA

View Full Version : SC 7.0 Issues & Questions

prabbit
2008-03-09, 16:04
For the most part I'm pretty please with the changes for SC7, but I'm having a couple of issues that I need resolved. I can't figure these three things out. Can anyone here provide some insight. I'm stuck.

1. iTunes integration (iTunes > SC7).
My iTunes library is scanned and the songs, albums, artists, and playlists come into SC7, but my ratings and play counts do not. What needs to be configured? This is what I currently have:

On the iTunes tab, I have iTunes selected. I have the reload interval defined at the default 3600 seconds. I have the iTunes Library location correctly defined.

2. iTunes integration (SC7 > iTunes).
When I play a song in SC7, the song does not appear as played in iTunes (even after rescanning, although it does appear on my last.fm page). I used to have a TrackStatiTunesHistWin.pl file that I would run to update my iTunes library, but this file doesn't appear to be a part of TrackStat for SC7, nor is there a TrackStat_iTunes_Hist.txt file. What settings need to be configured for play counts, ratings, and such to migrate from SC7 back to iTunes?

3. SqueezeBox and SC7
At the end of each song on my two SqueezeBoxes there is about one second of scratchy static before the next song begins. This only happens on the SqueezeBox, but not on the SoftSqueezes on my computers. I have the latest firmware. Any thoughts about what could be happening there?

SqueezeCenter Version: 7.0 - 17793 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252

Model: Squeezebox v3
Firmware: 86

erland
2008-03-09, 18:00
1. iTunes integration (iTunes > SC7).
My iTunes library is scanned and the songs, albums, artists, and playlists come into SC7, but my ratings and play counts do not. What needs to be configured? This is what I currently have:

On the iTunes tab, I have iTunes selected. I have the reload interval defined at the default 3600 seconds. I have the iTunes Library location correctly defined.

Did you use TrackStat for this earlier ?
In that case you will need to install the Custom Scan plugin and configure the "iTunes Statistics Import" scanning module to get the rating import to work.

2. iTunes integration (SC7 > iTunes).
When I play a song in SC7, the song does not appear as played in iTunes (even after rescanning, although it does appear on my last.fm page). I used to have a TrackStatiTunesHistWin.pl file that I would run to update my iTunes library, but this file doesn't appear to be a part of TrackStat for SC7, nor is there a TrackStat_iTunes_Hist.txt file. What settings need to be configured for play counts, ratings, and such to migrate from SC7 back to iTunes?

The TrackStatiTunesHistWin.pl is part of the zip attached to this post, it will be part of a future TrackStat release, the plugin packaging currently ignore .pl files so that's the reason why it was missed.

You will need to install the Custom Scan plugin and then configure the "iTunes Statistics Export" scanning module. The settings regarding the TrackStat_iTunes_Hist.txt file has been moved there.

Club1820
2008-03-10, 14:53
Erland, I've had issues with your Custom Scan Plug-in and Sqzctr 7. I initiated an Amazon.com scan and after awhile Sqzctr bombed. I was unable to restart Sqzctr as it took up 50% of my CPU resources and 1 gb of memory.

I was able to get Sqzctr started again only after removing Custom Scan Plug-in and deleting the prefs files.

I also then had the same issue after installing the lazy search plug-in. Same thing, couldnt restart Sqzctr. I then removed Custom Scan again, and Sqzctr was fine, including Lazy Search.

So I pretty much narrowed it down to having Custom Scan installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

erland
2008-03-10, 21:03
Erland, I've had issues with your Custom Scan Plug-in and Sqzctr 7. I initiated an Amazon.com scan and after awhile Sqzctr bombed. I was unable to restart Sqzctr as it took up 50% of my CPU resources and 1 gb of memory.

I can't reproduce this, could you provide some more details, like:
- Could you turn on debug logging in "SqueezeCenter Settings/Logging" on the "plugin.customscan" section and run a Amazon scan and see if you see something strange ?
- I suppose you are sure it was the SqueezeCenter process that used all the memory so it wasn't something else, for example Firefox or IE ?
- How does the "Amazon" scanning module settings look like, have you just entered your Amazon Access Key or have you configured something else ?
- Are you using the standard iTunes or MusicIP integration available in SqueezeCenter ?
- Did you play music during the Amazon scanning ?

SqueezeCenter will be pretty unusable during the Amazon scanning but it shouldn't use a lot of CPU and memory, it should just result in bad response times in the user interface and maybe audio problem if playing music at the same time.

prabbit
2008-03-21, 09:22
Did you use TrackStat for this earlier ?
In that case you will need to install the Custom Scan plugin and configure the "iTunes Statistics Import" scanning module to get the rating import to work.

I did.

I'm using it because it appears that ratings, play counts, and so forth are not moving to/from SqueezeCenter and iTunes even with the iTunes integration. If the iTunes integration native to SC is supposed to, it's not working for me (and it never worked for me in SS6.5). I'm using XP Home SP2 and iTunes 7.6 (and now SC7). If the native integration is supposed to do this, I'd almost prefer that. But given that it's never worked for me, I've resorted to this.

The TrackStatiTunesHistWin.pl is part of the zip attached to this post...

You will need to install the Custom Scan plugin and then configure the "iTunes Statistics Export" scanning module. The settings regarding the TrackStat_iTunes_Hist.txt file has been moved there.

I installed and configured Custom Scan and unzipped the contents of the attached zip file. Even though I have "Continously write history file" selected in Custom Scan > iTunes Statistics Export, it does not write the TrackStat_iTunes_Hist.txt file. It does, however, write the TrackState_iTunes_Complete.txt file when a scan is done.

Can you provide any insight?

erland
2008-03-21, 22:56
I installed and configured Custom Scan and unzipped the contents of the attached zip file. Even though I have "Continously write history file" selected in Custom Scan > iTunes Statistics Export, it does not write the TrackStat_iTunes_Hist.txt file. It does, however, write the TrackState_iTunes_Complete.txt file when a scan is done.

Do you get any errors in the SqueezeCenter log file ? You will find out where it is stored under "SqueezeCenter Settings/Logging".

It should write an entry to the Hist file whenever you change a rating or when it reaches the end of a track you play.

Are you using any other third party plugins beside TrackStat and Custom Scan ?

erland
2008-03-21, 23:42

Can you provide any insight?
I just noticed that there is a bug in the current TrackStat beta that results in that a track isn't always written to the Hist file when it has been played. It will be corrected in the next TrackStat beta version.

Sune
2008-03-22, 03:39
Problem solved - plz. ignore

prabbit
2008-03-23, 09:33
Do you get any errors in the SqueezeCenter log file ? You will find out where it is stored under "SqueezeCenter Settings/Logging".

It should write an entry to the Hist file whenever you change a rating or when it reaches the end of a track you play.

Are you using any other third party plugins beside TrackStat and Custom Scan ?

Here is my log file:

[08-03-23 11:17:38.7816] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::refreshData (1720) CustomScan: Synchronizing Custom Scan data, please wait...
[08-03-23 11:18:10.1331] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::refreshData (1949) CustomScan: Synchronization finished
[08-03-23 11:18:23.0003] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::initDatabase (88) CustomScan: Creating database tables
[08-03-23 11:18:23.2777] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::initDatabase (162) CustomScan: Upgrading database changing type of attr column to varchar(40), please wait...
[08-03-23 11:18:24.7035] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::updateCharSet (453) Converting customscan_track_attributes to correct charset=utf8 collate=utf8_unicode_ci
[08-03-23 11:18:25.2038] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::initDatabase (332) CustomScan: No musicbrainzIndex index found in customscan_track_attributes, creating index...
[08-03-23 11:18:25.7508] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::initDatabase (337) Index created after 0.546875 seconds
[08-03-23 11:18:25.7516] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::initDatabase (344) CustomScan: No urlIndex index found in customscan_track_attributes, creating index...
[08-03-23 11:18:26.1724] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::initDatabase (349) CustomScan: Index creation finished
[08-03-23 11:18:26.1732] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::initDatabase (355) CustomScan: No module_attr_value_idx index found in customscan_track_attributes, creating index...
[08-03-23 11:18:26.6101] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::initDatabase (360) Index created after 0.436671 seconds
[08-03-23 11:18:26.6110] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::initDatabase (367) CustomScan: No attr_module_idx index found in customscan_track_attributes, creating index...
[08-03-23 11:18:27.0097] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::initDatabase (372) Index created after 0.398362 seconds
[08-03-23 11:18:27.0105] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::initDatabase (379) CustomScan: No extravalue_attr_module_track_idx index found in customscan_track_attributes, creating index...
[08-03-23 11:18:27.4691] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::initDatabase (384) CustomScan: Index creation finished
[08-03-23 11:18:27.4699] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::initDatabase (390) CustomScan: No track_module_attr_extravalue_idx index found in customscan_track_attributes, creating index...
[08-03-23 11:18:27.8953] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::initDatabase (395) Index created after 0.425067 seconds
[08-03-23 11:18:27.8961] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::initDatabase (402) CustomScan: No module_attr_extravalue_idx index found in customscan_track_attributes, creating index...
[08-03-23 11:18:28.3133] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::initDatabase (407) Index created after 0.41687 seconds
[08-03-23 11:18:28.3141] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::initDatabase (414) CustomScan: No module_attr_valuesort_idx index found in customscan_track_attributes, creating index...
[08-03-23 11:18:28.7243] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::initDatabase (419) Index created after 0.409872 seconds
[08-03-23 11:18:28.7258] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::refreshData (1720) CustomScan: Synchronizing Custom Scan data, please wait...
[08-03-23 11:18:28.8662] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::refreshData (1949) CustomScan: Synchronization finished
[08-03-23 11:21:59.6571] Slim::Networking::Select::select (245) Error: Select task failed: Can't use an undefined value as a SCALAR reference at /<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\SQUEEZ~1.EXE>Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 1673.

The third party plugins that I have are:
Custom Browse
Custom Scan
Dynamic Playlists
Extended Alarm
Grab Playlist
Status First
SuperDateTime Screensaver
TrackStat

prabbit
2008-03-25, 05:54
Further update:

I now have a TrackStat_iTunes_Hist.txt file, however, it does not contain any songs that have played, but rather the one song that I rated in the SC7/TrackStat interface. The TrackState_iTunes_Complete.txt file does have the correct information regarding when a song was last played.

erland
2008-03-25, 11:48
Further update:

I now have a TrackStat_iTunes_Hist.txt file, however, it does not contain any songs that have played, but rather the one song that I rated in the SC7/TrackStat interface. The TrackState_iTunes_Complete.txt file does have the correct information regarding when a song was last played.

As I mentioned a few posts back in this thread this is a bug in the current TrackStat beta, it will be fixed in next version.

prabbit
2008-03-25, 13:35
OK. I wasn't sure if any additional info would be helpful to you (or anyone else following the thread).