View Full Version : SBC not observing daylight savings time

Mitch Harding
2008-03-09, 02:33
My SC computer has moved its clock ahead one hour (as have my other
computers, my cell phone, etc) but for some reason the SBC still shows the
old time. I guess it makes sense that it's not like the SB3, and instead
has its own internal clock rather than relying on the SC computer for the
time. However, how can I get it to sync up with the SC clock? Or how can I
tell it to adjust itself for daylight savings?

Not really a big deal -- I just noticed it when I walked by the SBC on its
cradle and saw that the time was wrong.

Mitch

Zaragon
2008-03-09, 04:39
I don't yet have an SBC but I did notice on another thread that the SBC gets it's time from the SqueezeNetwork rather than locally and the advice there was to log into SN and make sure that your region was set correctly.

Kaizen28
2008-03-09, 07:05
Hi

I've not done any further digging but my SB3 is showing the correct time. The Jive remote is not.

gweempose
2008-03-09, 08:19
MY SBC magically switched to DST. Perhaps you don't have yours set to the right time zone?

Eric Seaberg
2008-03-09, 08:22
Mine was incorrect since it was sleeping during the change. Powering on and back off, allowing it to RESYNC with the server made it right.

FYI...

gweempose
2008-03-09, 08:27
Mine was incorrect since it was sleeping during the change. Powering on and back off, allowing it to RESYNC with the server made it right.

Good call. Mine was off all night, so it makes sense that it would have the right time when I turned it on this morning.

Zaragon
2008-03-09, 08:39
Just seen a message on one of the developer threads that the SBC normally runs from it's own clock and only synchronises when it first connects to the SC. (Which restarting it would do.) There is a bug/enhancement request to get it to resync periodically.

Mitch Harding
2008-03-09, 09:32
I see this bug opened for it:
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=7464

I've gone ahead and added my vote.

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 9:39 AM, Zaragon <
Zaragon.360hwn1205077202 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

>
> Just seen a message on one of the developer threads that the SBC
> normally runs from it's own clock and only synchronises when it first
> connects to the SC. (Which restarting it would do.) There is a
> bug/enhancement request to get it to resync periodically.
>
>
> --
> Zaragon
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Zaragon's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=14577
> View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=44462
>
>

Kaizen28
2008-03-09, 09:36
A re-synch fixed it. Thank you!!

BTW, do most of you let the remote sleep after a defined timeout period? If so, do you have to manually turn it on again?

ebin
2008-03-09, 11:27
I find that leaving the SBC on, and having screen saver set to "none" when charging is the way to go IMHO.

I will turn off the SBC at night, therefore it gets a "reboot" when you first turn it on in the morning (my computers go off at night too)

Turning the SBC on and off all the time takes some start up time, while leaving the remote on during the day it just has to reconnect with wireless if left for a longer period (I think 1 hr)

I am still learning the "qwerks" with day to day use but I must say this is a slick device and I am enjoying it immensly(sp)

I don't have any problems with the devices, unless I hit "play all" in the top music menu
and then SC understandable seems to lock up (one hell of a playlist to create LOL)
Would be nice to be able to arrange menus on SBC

Presently own 2 SB3's and the Duet and am one happy customer,
looking forward to future SC upgrades and features.

Great job and kudos to the Slim Devices team
Keep up the great work

Steve

rabbit
2008-03-09, 12:23
I have the opposite problem. Here in Europe DST doesn't start for another 3 weeks but my Slimserver jumped forward an hour last night. The time and timezone settings on my NAS (QNAP)show the correct time, but both SB's are now an hour ahead. Any ideas or do I just leave it as it will be right again on March 30.

kdf
2008-03-09, 13:17
Note: if you select "choose player", the forces a resync as well. Off
isn't required, but anything that forces a query to SC should do it.
-kdf