PDA

View Full Version : No Sound

gtcharlie
2008-03-08, 06:47
The title pretty much says it all. I just upgraded to squeezecenter from slimserver and now I am getting no sound from my squeezebox(v3). Everything appears to be connecting properly including my computer with my music on it and Rhapsody. I can see all the music and when I hit play it appears to start songs but nothing comes out of the speakers. The equalizer shows the music playing but nothing. Anyone have any ideas? I am running Vista on the computer but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Mark Lanctot
2008-03-08, 10:50
Check player volume. Check the preamp volume control (Settings - Players - Audio - Preamp Volume Control should be 0).

Rewrite Xilinx, unplug, press and hold "1", replug.

Zaragon
2008-03-08, 11:02
I'd suggest checking that you don't have the volume turned down. Check that the pre-amp attenuation isn't set in the audio tab for the player in SC.

If it still isn't fixed then firstly try pulling the power on the SB, holding + while plugging it back in and if that fails try a factory reset (Can't recall the button for that but a search should find it.)

Edit: Didn't see the above post. Looks like + is the factory reset and 1 is the Xilinx reset.

jjgasp
2008-03-08, 11:36
The title pretty much says it all. I just upgraded to squeezecenter from slimserver and now I am getting no sound from my squeezebox(v3). Everything appears to be connecting properly including my computer with my music on it and Rhapsody. I can see all the music and when I hit play it appears to start songs but nothing comes out of the speakers. The equalizer shows the music playing but nothing. Anyone have any ideas? I am running Vista on the computer but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

I'm having pretty much the same problem, except with my Transporter. The VU meters indicate that songs are being played on the Transporter, but no audio signal is being outputted to my preamp (Integra DTC-9.8). All other components work fine. I did a factory reset of the Transporter. I was using balanced cables, and have also tried XLR's, coax, and Toslink. It all started when I updated to SqueezeCenter 7.0 and also updated my firmware. Absolutely loved this component until now and have wasted too many hours I'll wish I had back when I'm lying on my deathbed. GGGGRRRRRR!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

gtcharlie
2008-03-08, 13:45
I have tried the suggestions everyone has given with no luck. Not sure which way to proceed next. Considering everything was working perfectly 10 minutes before I upgraded to squeezecenter that seems to be the problem. I will check settings once more. Any other suggestions would be appreciated or if anyone else solved a similiar problem I would like their input.

y360
2008-03-08, 13:50
Have you tried playing a radio stream via Squeezenetwork ?

gtcharlie
2008-03-08, 14:09
Now I feel really dumb. Just checked my receiver and notice the input the squeezebox was outputting to was showing an analog signal. Checked the optical cable and sure enough that was the problem. Switched the cable out and presto. Sound. Think I can blame squeezecenter for blowing out my cable? :-)

For anyone who is having a similiar problem I guess checking your physical connections first isn't a bad idea. If I had looked closely at my receiver in the beginning I could have solved the problem a lot faster.

pfarrell
2008-03-08, 14:12
gtcharlie wrote:
> For anyone who is having a similiar problem I guess checking your
> physical connections first isn't a bad idea.

That is why the first questions that Tech Support folks ask are:
1) is it plugged in?
2) is it turned on?
3) have you reseated the connections?

You are not the first person to fail to check these.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/